Nugget Shooter Forums

Der Skunkmeister

Well it has now been to weekends out and NO NUGGETS! I have been prospecting new areas and sometimes it can be a while between finds doing this although a couple were found during one trip out it was not by me. One area I wandered into showed claim markers with a familiar name on them and got to spend time talking with a friend while he was out working his claim with a beeper. Has been working the area for 30 or more years so this new area was only new to me :yuk-yuk: Often locating a new area will lead to the area being under claim or heavily worked by others, but finding a spot you have researched is still success. One can watch for areas to reopen or even get to know some of the claim owners....

So got skunk bit...

Got to hear some cool stories of past nugget finds from the area though and had a great time visiting...

Sometimes the finds at the end of the trail are not what you expect, but still golden....

Now it is off to the next spot on my list from my summer research after the Gold Basin shindig this coming weekend, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm :ph34r2:

Guest goldstudmuffin

Bill, I know how you feel doing all that research going into a new area to find out your 30 years to late... :angry-smiley-010[1]: Does your new friend swing a goldbug 2? If it's who I'm thinking it might be, :tisk-tisk: he may have the next area on your list claimed up too or at least cleaned out! :yuk-yuk: good luck on the next area. :thumbsupanim

Scott and are are thinking about going to the outting this weekend, maybe we'll see you there. :ph34r2:

Hi Bill,

I understand the skunk coming to visit, there have been times

when I thought he'd taken up permanent residence.

These days I find the most difficult aspect of detecting

is finding the time. This is like having a 'pre-skunk' - have had to

develop the patience to understand that the rhythms of life don't always allow

for the luxury of just being able to get out.

Not a complaint, just the way it is...

So, it is always nice to be able to read your accounts of being out

doing what you love.

All the best,

Flak

Sorry to hear of your slump, Bill. I was getting a bit close to the skunk smell myself over the weekend, but despite 40 knot gusts and wet ground I finally managed to eke out a couple before the sun went down Sunday evening.

Flak: You are soooo right on. Time only travels in one direction for us earthlings. I thought semi-retirement would expand my prospecting time, but it has not nearly worked out that way.

Bill, I know how you feel doing all that research going into a new area to find out your 30 years to late... :angry-smiley-010[1]: Does your new friend swing a goldbug 2? If it's who I'm thinking it might be, :tisk-tisk: he may have the next area on your list claimed up too or at least cleaned out! :yuk-yuk: good luck on the next area. :thumbsupanim

Scott and are are thinking about going to the outting this weekend, maybe we'll see you there. :ph34r2:

Hi Russ,

Yup it was our old buddy.... :inocent: Always good to sit and chat with him a bit on rare occasions I get the chance. Yes I'll be at the outing and hope to see you there!

Hi Bill,

I understand the skunk coming to visit, there have been times

when I thought he'd taken up permanent residence.

These days I find the most difficult aspect of detecting

is finding the time. This is like having a 'pre-skunk' - have had to

develop the patience to understand that the rhythms of life don't always allow

for the luxury of just being able to get out.

Not a complaint, just the way it is...

So, it is always nice to be able to read your accounts of being out

doing what you love.

Even if the skunk is in the back seat...

All the best,

Flak

:cigar: I appreciate reality based data on this forum as tooooo many forums NOT posting the ugly truth-WE ALL VISIT THE SKUNK :ROFL: and there is no yellow gold road--- John

Shut yer mouth!!! :D

Bill, I've been around the skunk so much, we're on a 1st name basis... it's Fred... Fred with The Foul Arse, that is. He told me he'd been hanging out with you recently, but that he has to move on soon. :thumbsupanim