Nugget Shooter Forums

Hey guys need a quick opinion on the SD2200D

I have a chance to trade my brand new GMT with 4 hours on it + $300 for a SD2200D with the 11" Mono coil. I'm not completely unhappy with the GMT but a chance and getting a PI is what I've been trying to work toward. But is the 2200d worth it?

Thanks

Financially ,...if you paid retail for the GMT ....7-800.00 plus 300.00 = $1000-1100. You would have invested, Ballpark on an SD2200d should be around 800.00 to 1200.00 depending on what comes with it.

Does it have a LiIon battery setup ? Extra coils ? A sound amplifier ?? All relavent to the machine.

The 2200d is a good gold hunter however it has a weak to say the least audio system on it and needs a booster/amp. X-tra Batteries are a plus Li Ion better less weight.

The overall condition of the unit both physically and mechanically are important, repairs on an SD 2100 or 2200 unit may present a bit of a headache or problem depending on what needs done.

Alot to consider I recently was in the same position thats why I'm tuned in to your question.

Food 4 thought, you have one of the BEST VLF's for finding gold the GMT does its job proficiently I have owned one and still do it has more than paid for itself in the last 2 seasons in gold.

Some others should tune into this post to give you more insight, Think about it.

I'd say go for it, the 2200sd is a tank, and I don't think your going to find anyone that would let one go less than $1500.00 I know I would not. Grubstake

Financially ,...if you paid retail for the GMT ....7-800.00 plus 300.00 = $1000-1100. You would have invested, Ballpark on an SD2200d should be around 800.00 to 1200.00 depending on what comes with it.

Does it have a LiIon battery setup ? Extra coils ? A sound amplifier ?? All relavent to the machine.

The 2200d is a good gold hunter however it has a weak to say the least audio system on it and needs a booster/amp. X-tra Batteries are a plus Li Ion better less weight.

The overall condition of the unit both physically and mechanically are important, repairs on an SD 2100 or 2200 unit may present a bit of a headache or problem depending on what needs done.

Alot to consider I recently was in the same position thats why I'm tuned in to your question.

Food 4 thought, you have one of the BEST VLF's for finding gold the GMT does its job proficiently I have owned one and still do it has more than paid for itself in the last 2 seasons in gold.

Some others should tune into this post to give you more insight, Think about it.

Thanks Frank. I was thinking of offering the GMT and 150, but not sure now. I don't know if the battery is liIon and it looks like it's just the detector, no amp or extra coils. Good to get the feedback here. One thing I was worried about is that it's 13 year old technology. My GMT is fairly newer. Just wondering if the newer technology of the GMT has advantages over an older PI, tech wise. I watched the 2200d video and it looked like he had to pump it about 8 times to auto ground balance. Kind of seems like out of date tech compared to the GMT 2-3 pumps and and the grab button. (there's a joke about me and the mrs somewhere in there.. :yuk-yuk: )

I'd say go for it, the 2200sd is a tank, and I don't think your going to find anyone that would let one go less than $1500.00 I know I would not. Grubstake

What are the battery and amp issues? Battery seems easily replaced, is there a problem with a really low headphone volume on this machine?

One problem with the 2200 is that it comes with a mono coil.If you are in hot ground you are going to have a hard time running it with that coil.

Were I hunted with mine it was a DD or forget it I know there are places that a mono will work or that is what I have herd on the forums.

The 2200 will need a good battery and a booster to get the most out of it.

I have had a 2200d and I still own and will never get rid of my GMT!!

If I were to put them side by side the 2200 will find you deeper gold. but the ease of use and the discrimanator on the GMT is top of the line.

GMT and $300.00 not a good trade IMHO

But I see Mike C. has a used GMT up for sale for $500.00 and a used 2200 is worth $800.00 to 1500.00 depinding what comes with it.

Good luck,Matt

One problem with the 2200 is that it comes with a mono coil.If you are in hot ground you are going to have a hard time running it with that coil.

Were I hunted with mine it was a DD or forget it I know there are places that a mono will work or that is what I have herd on the forums.

The 2200 will need a good battery and a booster to get the most out of it.

I have had a 2200d and I still own and will never get rid of my GMT!!

If I were to put them side by side the 2200 will find you deeper gold. but the ease of use and the discrimanator on the GMT is top of the line.

So it is a push.GMT and 300 clams not a good trade IMHO

Good luck,Matt

Thanks Matt. Yeah, I'm in hot ground for sure, so the mono coil would have to be replaced. Sounds like between the two I should hold on to the GMT. The newer tech and the convenience (besides the auto GB which I don't really use)

I guess I'll just hold out. Maybe I'll find enough with the GMT to still hold onto it and get a PI later.

Thanks guys!