Nugget Shooter Forums

We don't always find meteorites

After a few delays Zaya and I finally made a couple separate hunting trips to Correo and the Socorro areas. Even though we did not find anything at either location we still had a blast. Zaya and I hunted hard during both trips to no avail. I was trying to remember how many trips we have taken where we have not found anything vs the trips where we have been successful. The unsuccessful trips of course out weigh the others by far. Zaya found lots of tarantulas. The weather was perfect! Here are a few meteorite hunting photos of Zaya Z-Man's trips to the field. Good hunting all!!!

Dean and Zaya

post-14020-017980700 1287800173_thumb.jp post-14020-059774000 1287800284_thumb.jp post-14020-003824500 1287800390_thumb.jp post-14020-045477000 1287800485_thumb.jp post-14020-086745000 1287804868_thumb.jp post-14020-045877500 1287806000_thumb.jp post-14020-034595300 1287804727_thumb.jp

Sounds and looks like you and Zaya are making some priceless discoveries during your trips Dean. Discoveries that both of you will treasure the rest of your lives - and ain't that what it's all about?! :thumbsupanim - Terry

After a few delays Zaya and I finally made a couple separate hunting trips to Correo and the Socorro areas. Even though we did not find anything at either location we still had a blast. Zaya and I hunted hard during both trips to no avail. I was trying to remember how many trips we have taken where we have not found anything vs the trips where we have been successful. The unsuccessful trips of course out weigh the others by far. Zaya found lots of tarantulas. The weather was perfect! Here are a few meteorite hunting photos of Zaya Z-Man's trips to the field. Good hunting all!!!

Dean and Zaya

post-14020-017980700 1287800173_thumb.jp post-14020-059774000 1287800284_thumb.jp post-14020-003824500 1287800390_thumb.jp post-14020-045477000 1287800485_thumb.jp post-14020-086745000 1287804868_thumb.jp post-14020-045877500 1287806000_thumb.jp post-14020-034595300 1287804727_thumb.jp

Aloha guys,

Looks like you guys are still having fun even tho you didn't find any meteorites and that is what is whole hobby is about isnt it!

Keep up the good work and keep us informed about any future finds.

Aloha and be safe out there.

Stan aka Ka'imi

Frank, thanks for the kudos. Zaya loves the hunt! On the way home he asked Me when we were going again and where. He then told me that Holbrook sounds really good! He is hooked.

Terry, Thank you. You are absolutely right! We are making priceless discoveries outta our time together in the field. You are 100% right! It is what it is all about.

Garimpo, Thank you! We are very lucky to have each other and to be able to spend time together. We will make the best of it my friend. Thanks again.

Stan, Thanks! How are you my friend? It sure is what it is all about! Zaya loves getting away from the norm and getting into the field. He loves it. He is not occupied by finding meteorites but he is fully into the adventure itself! By the way, Zaya loves his Goldmax coil! Thank you for the advice and the time you gave us! Much appreciated!

Fred, Thank you for the kind words. The memories will be in our hearts, minds, pics and stories for our life times! I am absolutely sure Zaya will be a better man with the lessons he has learned growing up around this hobby and the outstanding friends we have met along the way.

Thank you all.

Dean and Zaya

Hi Dean & The Z-Man,

Those are some very cool pictures of your recent hunts. It looks very sandy, hopefully not a lot of area rocks to check for meteorites. I see in one of those locations, Socorro or Correo, you used your detector, too. Is there a lot of mineralization there? All the tarantulas remind me of a desert night-time hunt, in the fall one year, that Erik and I had, and the tarantulas were EVERYWHERE! (like a low-budget sci-fi movie) It put a smile on my face as soon as I saw your photos, as it brings back fun memories. I'd like to hear more about those areas, hint, hint.

Ben

Ben, hey thanks my friend. It was only sandy in a few spots. The ground was good for hunting by eye as well as with the detector. Used the Minelab which was operating extremely smooth! Yeah the tarantulas were out a plenty in the very comfortable weather. I will fill you in on the areas we hunted and some of the other spots we are looking at. It's only a matter of time before Zaya strikes again!

Bill, Thank you! We sure do enjoy getting out in the field. Thank you for the great forum and the opportunity to post our finds and adventures here. Very much appreciated Bill!

Clifton, Thanks my friend. A blast we did have indeed! Yeah Zaya truly as quite a bit of experience now at 10 years old. He has hunted with and been shown tips by a few of the best hunters out there! He loves the hunt and the adventures. most of all he does love the fresh air and being in the field!

Thanks all

Dean and Zaya