Nugget Shooter Forums

Minelab Coil Selection Chart

Sometimes I forget there are a lot of new folks here looking for coil info so here is a chart showing what sizes are available for various detectors and when needed...

http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/11792/KBA_02-1_Coil_Selection_Guide.pdf%5B

• 3 months later...

The chart does not include Minelab "Super Goldsearch" coils. How can a person tell if said coil is DD or Mono? The serial number on my 11" is 13287. It is a secondhand coil in excellent outward condition, but the labels make no reference to DD or Mono. How would such a coil compare to a Commander 11" Mono?

Can someone tell me why Minelab only makes the 5" x 10" coil in DD? There's certainly a market for mono coils in this size.

I'm in the market for a new one because my relatively new Coiltek Joey coil (that has around 50 hours of use on it) false signals like you wouldn't believe and Nugget Finder no longer makes them in that size. Unfortunately I let the coil sit in the closet to long and the warranty ran out.

Flak thanks for posting that link, I might give that a try since the coil is pretty much useless.

I guess the false signaling I've seen on so many brand new Coiltek coils has continued into the Goldstalker line? The problem is, I shouldn't have to do something like that if it's a brand new coil. Not to mention it would probably void out the warranty if someone tried that on a brand new coil. I've never had any of my Commander and Nugget Finder coils false signal right out of the box.

This false signaling issue has left a bad taste in my mouth and needless to say I'll probably never buy a Coiltek coil again. I can understand if a coil starts to false signal after a few years of heavy use but not on a brand new one.

• 1 month later...

Sometimes I forget there are a lot of new folks here looking for coil info so here is a chart showing what sizes are available for various detectors and when needed...

http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/11792/KBA_02-1_Coil_Selection_Guide.pdf%5B

Ok, So Iam a newbe. Why so many different coils?

• 1 month later...

Okay, so my instruction book for my Eureka says there is a 11" Round coil and a 15" Spider coil that are supposed to increase the depth of the unit, but I only see the 11" Round in the chart. Is the 15" Spider coil no longer available? And what exactly is a Spider Coil? Thanks.

My book only shows we have the 8 or 10 inch coils... I am pretty sure Coiltek makes a 15 inch coil for the Eureka though. Remember that with a VLF using a larger coil will often cause more problems with ground noise and not a huge increase in depth.