Nugget Shooter Forums

HELP!!!! detector sounds like fart machine

Went to use the Ace 150 the other day and couldn't get it to work. :*&$*(: Hit the power on button and it just starts making fart noises :unsure: The display does not come up either. I put new batteries in--same thing. I took it apart to look for any noticeable breakage--none seen. It's been a great starter and am fixin for an upgrade, but wanted to pass it on to my son. Any ideas, thoughts, help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Sounds like a severe case of electrical constipation send it in to garret for a electrolite enema :yuk-yuk: ---are you the original owner---if yes--maybe its still covered-good luck :hmmmmm: Mike C...:ph34r2:

:*&$*(: Stress relief has backed into the ground at the box connector,simply unplug and GENTLY unwind or pull back out a turn or two and should disappear-John

:*&$*(: Stress relief has backed into the ground at the box connector,simply unplug and GENTLY unwind or pull back out a turn or two and should disappear-John

One to remember there, thanks...

Well, if anyones interested, the detector is flatulence free. :grin: I broke it down as far as I could and let it air out for a couple of days. I suspected condensation not constipation. We've had record rainfall this month here in Northern Nevada, and it did sprinkle on me a couple weeks ago while detecting. I put it back together this morning and it sounds..........well,,,,,,,,,,normal. :whoope: I'll keep the electrolites and miralax on hand if it starts to get a little bloated again. :yuk-yuk:

Steve

That good that you got it figured out and all is well now, your son will enjoy that detector when you get another one.

The next time you go out when there is a chance of rain, try Garimpo's liquid silicone trick and maybe you can avoid this happening again, apply to all the places moisture can get into the control box.

http://www.nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=18268

Skip

Rubbing alcohol removes all condensation and leaves no residue and great for when ya accidentaly take your dry land unit underwater by mistake. Saved 100's of units in the OC as ocean detecting was monsterous and them waves are sneaky. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE and must be done asap-then shake a shake a shake dry and away ya go-John

Archived