Nugget Shooter Forums

New Area...

Hey wish us luck! Found a new to me placer area through some research and dumb luck so Joe R. and I are going to give it a go later today. This one only sees minor mention here and there and is not in the books for AZ placers...

There are old placer claims in the area which is encouraging and should be an interesting trip.

Well got out there, got gold (Joe got one), but Joe was sick as a dog this morning so canceled the hunt early or we would both have a couple likely. The area is interesting, but lots is under claim. Shallow bedrock with TONS of dig holes around and some drywash work no real advantage showing up with a PI here as the soil is quite mild and shallow. There is allot of area to cover so we will be giving it some attention this season for sure. Joe hustled the nugget right before days end about 3 miles from camp in a small area not under claim. There is very little overburden anywhere with average depth of soil 2 to 5 inches above bedrock. Likely this area has been hammered for years with VLF and PI evident by scrapes and digs and lack of any trash including bullets....

Always fun to explore a new area and find a little color for the team....

Hello Everyone, Bill and I did explore some new ground. And I do apologize to you Bill again for my upset stomach.

That dam cigar I smoked this morning made me sick as a dog. Anyway, Feeling a lot better. Looking forward to our next

hunt. Here's a pic of that nice 1 grammer. Using the GPX 5000 w/ 14" round Mono, Fine Gold Timings. Thank You again Bill I had a blast. Joe

Well got out there, got gold (Joe got one), but Joe was sick as a dog this morning so canceled the hunt early or we would both have a couple likely. The area is interesting, but lots is under claim. Shallow bedrock with TONS of dig holes around and some drywash work no real advantage showing up with a PI here as the soil is quite mild and shallow. There is allot of area to cover so we will be giving it some attention this season for sure. Joe hustled the nugget right before days end about 3 miles from camp in a small area not under claim. There is very little overburden anywhere with average depth of soil 2 to 5 inches above bedrock. Likely this area has been hammered for years with VLF and PI evident by scrapes and digs and lack of any trash including bullets....

Always fun to explore a new area and find a little color for the team....

Holes everywhere-famous trade mark :inocent: WTG Joe---Mike C...:ph34r2:

Holes everywhere-famous trade mark :inocent: WTG Joe---Mike C...:ph34r2:

Hi Mike, not likely any of the well known crater leavers have been here, but ya never know I guess. Not the same area you and I were hunting last...

Joe that nugget sure cleaned up nice, really neat looking!

Now I need one!