Nugget Shooter Forums
DolanDave

Arizona Faults Map

Kind of a cool map that shows the fault lines in Arizona.

Arizona Faults Map

Dave

I didn't do it damnit.....It's not my fault !!! Sorry, couldn't resist......

Very nice map, thanks for sharing

Patrick in Havasu.....

Good stuff there Dave, so any of you nugget shooter notice anything about where those faults are :idea:

Gold deposit areas..............................To bad it didn't have Kalifornia fault lines on the map to..

wonderer

Here's a link to a USGS interactive fault map to play around with, Hybrid or Terrain, zoom in/zoom out, pick your area of the USA, etc.

http://geohazards.usgs.gov/qfaults/map.php

I also noticed that on the map that Dave posted if you click on the "3D" link at the upper right corner of the map it will change you to a view very similar to Goggle earth.

Cool stuff.

Skip

This is a big reason why I come into forums. People like you sharing info like this make these forums really come alive!

Thanksthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I am trying to confirm a rumor I hear about gettin mirco gold from black sands BTW. I hear every 4 grains of 10 is mirco gold encased in magnetite.

:hahaha: good joke for the am :ROFL:

This is a big reason why I come into forums. People like you sharing info like this make these forums really come alive!

Thanksthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I am trying to confirm a rumor I hear about gettin mirco gold from black sands BTW. I hear every 4 grains of 10 is mirco gold encased in magnetite.

In some gold bearing areas yes gold can be imbeeded in the black sands and usually in the non-magnetic Hematite I think more often than in Magnetite and over time a layer can form around the small bits of AU, but I could be wrong. Just that gramps always said to use a magnet to remove the magnetic stuff cause it is less than 3% the other holds the values. I have never messed with it again after the first try with Mercury and Nitric Acid. Watched a guy use a retort once as well, but the sands from San Domingo were not very rich where he got his concentrates. After separating, sorting, tumbling, treating, and recovering the pay off was less than impressive.

It can be done, but you must have very rich black sand cons to start...

Hey Bill, The guy you watched, he was melting the stuff? I saw a black sand smelt demo years ago, I wish I would have paid more atention. Are there places in general, that melting blacksand pays?

Bunk

Guest goldstudmuffin

The fault map is very interesting... thanks for the link and thanks for the link to google earth that put them in a 3d map. Does anyone know how to put these fault lines on a 7.5 min topo map so they can be used out in the field?

Hey Bill, The guy you watched, he was melting the stuff? I saw a black sand smelt demo years ago, I wish I would have paid more atention. Are there places in general, that melting blacksand pays?

Bunk

Hi Calvin, The guy was using a ball mill type setup that was like a great big rock tumbler and turned it to powder... Heard of roasting it to sweat out the gold, but not seen it done.