Nugget Shooter Forums

The Fever

Man I have so got the fever again and can't wait to get out again this season for 2 or 3 days a week. Looks like things are going to mellow some at work as my wife is learning to do my job there to fill in when I have to feed the fever and work with customers and the boss is good with that :thumbsupanim

I have spent allot of time researching new areas as well as getting out local for some good nuggets while I patiently wait for weather more agreeable to a 54 year old alone in the desert. Still plenty young, but have learned things are not what they used to be at 30 in the physical fitness dept.

Partly I think is this new GPX-5000 I am now wielding as its stability and upgraded timings have made the biggest leap I have seen yet from Minelab and this thing is working well for me gold wise which in turn boosts moral/confidence levels which in turn drives the fever. Notice folks that have them are pretty quiet :inocent:

Most of my drive is not because of the actual price of gold, but instead because gold will always buy a cheeseburger even when paper money is fire fodder. Thinking these days it is a good thing to have in the safe deposit box other than paper money. Gold has also saved my butt from disaster financially a time or two so I like having some around.

I actually got bored for a while with beeping there when was experiencing some family challenges, but my finds were down mostly because I had gotten out of prospecting and into crumb chasing. Just got bored crawling under bushes for the odd missed nugget in my old patches. I had quit researching new areas and that slowed my drive, really like exploring new areas and making the good finds. I was too busy elsewhere...

Now though I have learned what makes folks just get frustrated, give up, and go sit in a chair with the horror of having a daughter (oldest now 25) addicted to meth :aw-shucks: For a while it required all my focus and money for that matter. You wouldn't even believe it if I told ya...

Now we have her back out of jail and sober 70 days or so now, so 4 kids in the house to raise for grandpa and grandma with work to boot :spinnin: BUT things are on the upswing :whoope: Was depressed feeling like we couldn't do a thing for her or the kids then oddly I came up with a plan and so far so good! One of those deals where ya got to experience the worst to figure out how to shake it off.

There were other things as well, but second to the big picture except they helped make things worse for a time.

So now I am out kicking butt again and loving every minute of it and it is dang good to be back at the thing I love second to most... :brows:

Yes rambling, but letting some veteran members know that there was a reason for my absence, family first man.

But gold nugget shooting second and a one gram nugget is worth 50 bucks or better :ROFL:

Thanks for filling in some of the blanks Bill -- er gramps.

I figured there was a good reason but as we all know it's hard to keep a good man down for long.

Glad to see you have the old enthusiasm back and are out there digging a few.

Bill, I'm one person on this forum, that knows exactly what you were going through, Been there done that, with my daughter, Thank God she has been clean for 6 years now, Both my brother dies from drugs. So I can really relate to that. I don't drink, don't do drugs never have. was the hardest thing I had to do, calling the cops on my own daughter. But you have to do, what ever it takes to save there life. I would much rather have her in jail than dead. Take care. Grubstake

Bill, I'm one person on this forum, that knows exactly what you were going through, Been there done that, with my daughter, Thank God she has been clean for 6 years now, Both my brother dies from drugs. So I can really relate to that. I don't drink, don't do drugs never have. was the hardest thing I had to do, calling the cops on my own daughter. But you have to do, what ever it takes to save there life. I would much rather have her in jail than dead. Take care. Grubstake

You are so very right Gary.... Thanks guys for the support!

Well Bill its good to have you back and I know exactly what your going through as I've been and still am in a simular situation as well but still manage to get out here and there-I have"nt had gold fever for a long time--Mike C...:ph34r2:

Bill,

If you've saved your girl's life, you have something far more precious than gold. I hope never to go through that with my daughter. And don't worry about missing out on those nuggets... nobody else can find the ones with your name on them, so they'll wait. Take care.

Joe

Bill,

If you've saved your girl's life, you have something far more precious than gold. I hope never to go through that with my daughter. And don't worry about missing out on those nuggets... nobody else can find the ones with your name on them, so they'll wait. Take care.

Joe

You got that right Joe, just wish more had my name on them... :inocent:

Bill thanks for sharing your gold and now your family problems...

this forum is like a scattered family but when you want to "get

it off your shoulders" we're all here to support each other in

any way we can...like a "band of brothers"...some of us have had

the same problems as you well know and we've been able to make it

through...that's life...glad to have you back brother!!!!

Bill thanks for sharing your gold and now your family problems...

this forum is like a scattered family but when you want to "get

it off your shoulders" we're all here to support each other in

any way we can...like a "band of brothers"...some of us have had

the same problems as you well know and we've been able to make it

through...that's life...glad to have you back brother!!!!

Thanks Don... I have met more good people through this form than I can count, met a scoundrel or two as well :inocent: It is like a brotherhood of sorts.

Nice to see you back Bill,

The 5000 sure does bring back the fever, I have been spending at least a day a weekend with it.... see you out there in the field.

Dave

Nice to see you back Bill,

The 5000 sure does bring back the fever, I have been spending at least a day a weekend with it.... see you out there in the field.

Dave

You got that right and this new GPX really shines! The stability of the threshold combined with the new timings has given the user so many more options to deal with the nasty soils we must hunt. I will be interested very much in how it handles the EMI that has always bothered us at Gold Basin...

Hey Bill, I started in gold basin with a sd2200, I could not stand the EMI, I only could detect for an hour before going out of my mind :zapped: In gold basin, the 5000 purrs, you might get a slight wobble every now and then from the aircraft overhead.

Dave

Dang, Bill. That is a fair amount for anyone to deal with.

Anyone can say they've been through a tough time recently. It takes a confident person to spell it out and admit they faltered and floundered along the way. :whoope: