Nugget Shooter Forums

Here is another one from the same place.

I wish I could say I found this one a long way from RP, found it in the hand of a big Berle digger from Kall at the Caravan Park at Leonora W. Australia, By Golly I said it any way. (I FOUND IT) I made him a offer that he wouldn't refuse, & last month a guy made me an offer that I couldn't refuse. That beauty has been on a long journey, and has a way to go yet.

post-873-009799000 1286391811_thumb.jpg

Ok, guess I'll have add a few since everyone else is showing off. This little 3/4 ozer from Nevada is one of my favorites because of that one bit of quartz still attached. About 10 inches deep and nicknamed "The Whopper".

post-413-005978200 1286394625_thumb.jpg

Ok, guess I'll have add a few since everyone else is showing off. This little 3/4 ozer from Nevada is one of my favorites because of that one bit of quartz still attached. About 10 inches deep and nicknamed "The Whopper".

post-413-005978200 1286394625_thumb.jpg

Dang Digger that is a beauty and glad ya decided to show off a mite...

Folks this is what it is all about! Just look at these nuggets found with all types of detectors and there are more than you would believe still waiting to be found!

I want to thank ALL of you for posting the larger stuff 1/4 ounce and up cause they just don't show up all that often and when they do folks get quiet :zip-lip:

Keep them coming! I am really enjoying this thread as many of you are....

5-29-04big.jpg

Found this 3 1/2 ounce slug back in 1999 with an SD 2200D, it was on the bank of a small ravine/gully with two other tiny ones nearby.

JP

PICT0003-1.jpg

Found this 3 1/2 ounce slug back in 1999 with an SD 2200D, it was on the bank of a small ravine/gully with two other tiny ones nearby.

JP

PICT0003-1.jpg

Hard to beat the beauty of AU gold JP....

JP

PICT0003-1.jpg

Very nice nugget!

Pic of 18 ounces I scored in an afternoon and morning back in 2003. :rolleyes:

JP

PICT0011-1.jpg

Just my luck to miss the GPS coords for that gold!!!! :cry2:

Jonathan what is the weight of the speci? That is an interesting piece....

Jonathan what is the weight of the speci? That is an interesting piece....

From memory it weighed about 9 ounces with 5 ounces enclosed (was sold as a speci). It was sitting in loose sand only a few inches under the surface down stream from where the nuggets were found.

JP

Thats some nice gold!! makes me want to get out there right now and call in sick for work! :thumbsupanim

I banged out this specie a few months ago. It was a ripper of a signal! Just over 9 ounces total weight.

Specific gravity test by Reno Chris in the ICMJ gives a total of just over 4 ounces of the good stuff. I

think there is a big nugget in it because it really is heavy! Good luck out there.

Cheers,

Matt

post-1054-002147000 1286507453_thumb.jpg

Here's a few-

IMG_0726.jpg

1.5 Ozt speciman (has 1.04 Ozt of gold)

IMG_0729.jpg

A 1/2 Ozt'er with some small pieces of quartz on the outside

Nugs.jpg

A 2/5 Ozt slug with a 1 grammer

IMG_0762.jpg

Me after digging up a 5/8 Ozt speciman. Found with a Minelab SD2100 equipped with a 11" Commander Mono coil.

Enjoy!

PS- Matt I love that one!

Del

Here's a few-

IMG_0726.jpg

1.5 Ozt speciman (has 1.04 Ozt of gold)

IMG_0729.jpg

A 1/2 Ozt'er with some small pieces of quartz on the outside

Nugs.jpg

A 2/5 Ozt slug with a 1 grammer

IMG_0762.jpg

Me after digging up a 5/8 Ozt speciman. Found with a Minelab SD2100 equipped with a 11" Commander Mono coil.

Enjoy!

PS- Matt I love that one!

Del

Del if that nugget came out of the hole your foot is in that's dang good for a 11" coil...

This is my "Casper the ghost" nugget....62.7grams....

post-300-086361700 1286544686_thumb.jpg

Here's one of my fav's found in 2008... .81 ozt .... Found in a tiny little gulch about 18" wide .... Cheers, Unc

Uncle Ron, Is that beauty got some of the host rock attached? I love nuggets that revel something of there history.

post-7251-028984000 1286552865_thumb.jpgOk, I am not good at pictures and I had all this bottled in 1/2 and 3 OZ for sale and didn't want to pour it out again, its over 16 OZ from high banking in Idaho on patented property and goes from dust to pickers / small nuggets and all from Charlotte Creek a tributary of Grimes Creek above Grimes Pass 9 miles SE of Garden Valley, ID and 27 miles N of Idaho City. The property this came from has been sold to Mesquite Gold Corp of Canada "CUMO" and said to be backed by Chinese money. The Chinese also bought the nearby ghost town of Quartzburg and plan to complete restoration and reopen the hard rock mines , the Boise newspaper reported the prices paid in each case to be 5 million $ for less than 200 acres but in the case of Charlotte Creek they are after Molybdenum, its said to be the largest un-mined deposit in North america!

Edited by Gilaoro

post-7251-028984000 1286552865_thumb.jpgOk, I am not good at pictures and I had all this bottled in 1/2 and 3 OZ for sale and didn't want to pour it out again, its over 16 OZ from high banking in Idaho on patented property and goes from dust to pickers / small nuggets and all from Charlotte Creek a tributary of Grimes Creek above Grimes Pass 9 miles SE of Garden Valley, ID and 27 miles N of Idaho City. The property this came from has been sold to Mesquite Gold Corp of Canada "CUMO" and said to be backed by Chinese money. The Chinese also bought the nearby ghost town of Quartzburg and plan to complete restoration and reopen the hard rock mines , the Boise newspaper reported the prices paid in each case to be 5 million $ for less than 200 acres but in the case of Charlotte Creek they are after Molybdenum, its said to be the largest un-mined deposit in North america!

Beautiful gold Gilaoro....high banking sure beats dry washing....at least you get to play

in the water....and no dust....

Here's a nice example of what can be found in some hydraulic pits from the tertiary channels they were mining.post-413-008417800 1286566720_thumb.jpg