Nugget Shooter Forums

mountain lions

south fork

Hangtown and me have been using a small herd of goats to clear some tailing piles and cabin sites. Now the mountain lions are clearing the goats. County trapper and dogs on the way. something to think about when your down digging a hole. Anything for a chance to find a little color.

Hangtown and me have been using a small herd of goats to clear some tailing piles and cabin sites. Now the mountain lions are clearing the goats. County trapper and dogs on the way. something to think about when your down digging a hole. Anything for a chance to find a little color.

Well I bet that really get's your goat.... Sorry couldn't resist. Bummer about the goats and I was once face to face with a lion and it was quite an experience. Good idea on the goats as they will quickly clear an area of plants.

Bill, I know I shouldn't say this because we have never met, but that was TERRIBLE.......

Patrick in Havasu.....

Yeah I know, but was just trying to cheer him up a bit... :tisk-tisk: Hoping they are not pet goats as one can get pretty attached to them like dogs.

Mountain lion update. Two state trappers and one from USDA showed up with their hounds and cattle dogs. It took them about a hour to kill three Wow the dogs treed them within a half hour. I think from now on I'm packing a little protection. At least the lion killed a lame pygmy goat. A lot slower than the dame deer that are chewing on my fruit trees.