Nugget Shooter Forums

RV Camping and ATV Usage

Can anybody tell me of any potential problems I need to be aware of camping in my RV at Gold Basin, Franconia or Coyote Lake? I also need to know of any ATV restrictions in these same areas.

Thanks for any help.

sundownr

Most areas a RV is fine as long as self contained (sewer) Care should always be taken to be sure the road is passable though. ATV restrictions are simple in AZ, stay on pre-existing roads and trails or face fines when caught. Also a street legal ATV with tags is required to run on any maintained roads as well as a 25 dollar yearly ATV sticker from BLM which is issued by AZ DMV.

Just got off the phone with the Barstow CHP office, they said that the BLM does have control over most of the desert around Barstow, including Coyote Lake. They also said its not off limits, but a sticker is needed for all OHV/ATV vehicles...

On another note, from what the BLM office here told me, meteorites here fall under the "antiquities law" and should not be taken.... Hmmmmmmm

Just got off the phone with the Barstow CHP office, they said that the BLM does have control over most of the desert around Barstow, including Coyote Lake. They also said its not off limits, but a sticker is needed for all OHV/ATV vehicles...

On another note, from what the BLM office here told me, meteorites here fall under the "antiquities law" and should not be taken.... Hmmmmmmm

Mike

In my opinion there is not a state in the US which would not openly contest a very valuable meteorite find... meaning some real thought would have to go into reporting a valuable find or you could end up on the losing end of a serious law suit. In short if you were unlucky enough to find the largest meteorite in the world you most likely would have to donate it to the state or face a large fine and/or possibly imprisonment. So be careful what you wish for and even more careful with what you find :)

sundownr