Nugget Shooter Forums

Nuggetshooting near Graeagle, CA???

Uncle Ron

Yo all...Dodacious and I are traveling around N. CA and will be spending some time with family near Graeagle and Quincy Kalifornia...Anyone have any tips about the area for some nuggetshooting? Thanks!

Cheers, Unc

Uncle Ron you can go down to Sacramento to the Govenator's office. He must have a lot of gold since we don't have a state budget and are ninety days past due :thumbsupanim:olddude::inocent: . While you are there you might check out the gold museum next to the train museum in old Sacramento. Jerry

East a Quincy hang a right at Homegarden and go south to the Feather river crossing to El Portal and watch for grayish heavies as PT abounds and what a hoot, one of the few areas that has produced diamonds. SF Yuba between Nelson and Purdone crossing is a BLM rec area that is RIGHTEOUS(ancient tert river crossing) and when ya hike a 1/2 mile or so GOLD GOLD GOLD-tons au 2 u 2 -John PS welcome to N.Cal and we are in a hot streak=101-103 for week now but feather river canyon at altitude usually much cooler. Ifn' ya want a righteous article with food,history and whatnot last months AAA mag had the complete touristas review of Quincy-

Uncle Ron,

Send me a PM and let me know when you will be up this way. I could point you in

the right direction, but most detecting spots I know will require an atv or 4wd.

Gold is easier found with a gold pan or sniping and I could hook you up with some

good spots to do that. Aren't you a member of the wspa?

Matt

Ron, I found my first hanger, which I'm still wearing (after 30 years) from Terry's Riffles, above Serpentine Canyon. Tried a Goldbug and 18000, there couldn't ground balance out the serpentine; that's when I decided to try a PI. Haven't got back up there since.

Might also try above Rich Bar.

Shep