Nugget Shooter Forums

Bravo Minelab Repair

FlakMagnet

My GPX4500 stopped being able to hold a Ground Balance a few weeks ago.

I left a message for Bill Southern asking him what was the best way to go about getting it fixed?

He called me right back and suggested I try "the new Minelab Repair Facility" in Downers Grove.

He gave me the number of a customer service representative and told me she was waiting for my call.

Mary the customer service rep. asked me a few questions and then gave me an address to send the detector box, which I immediately packed up and sent off.

This morning, LESS THAN TWO WEEKS LATER, a package arrived at the house.

Inside along with the 4500 box was a repair order listing what had been replaced.

This is what Minelab has said they were working on; speeding up their repair turn-around.

They have clearly stepped up and made this long needed change for the better.

I am impressed.

Thank you Minelab.

Flak

Hi Slim,

It has been pretty tough sledding for customers dealing with the Minelab repair dept. for the last couple of years.

To their credit, I heard that Minelab was not timid about owning up to that difficulty at the big dealers conference recently,

perhaps one of the dealers can give details about that part as what I am passing along is heresay.

In any case, it is obvious to me that they have made the effort

and as far as my situation goes I could not have asked for much more in terms of results.

That's why I put this up; to give credit where credit is due.

All the best,

Flak

Hi Slim,

It has been pretty tough sledding for customers dealing with the Minelab repair dept. for the last couple of years.

To their credit, I understand that Minelab was not timid about owning up to that difficulty at the big dealers conference recently,

perhaps one of the dealers can give details about that part as what I am passing along is heresay.

In any case, it is obvious to me that they have made the effort

and as far as my situation goes I could not have asked for much more in terms of results.

That's why I put this up; to give credit where credit is due.

All the best,

Flak

Does it work ??? :inocent: Mike C...:ph34r2:

Flak that is good news, I received a call from the service dept yesterday,After a direct and short discussion they knew what they needed to do to repair the unit, I,am looking forward to having it back and working, I guess i have lost some of my un bias repore on the forum.But it is good to see a move in the right direction,

Hey Denny; an honest man is an honest man...dealing in Minelabs does not take that away...I am sure that your new association with Bill is not going to ruin your intregrity, afterall, he too is a honest man.

Fred

Hey thank you Fred... I will be bringing fresh from our chickens eggs for breakfast at GB, you cooking?