Nugget Shooter Forums

meteorite for sale

Well -

Anyone want to venture a guess if it's even a meteorite? Looks more like some of the meteorwrongs we've had on this forum many times in the past.

Steve

Dear Steve,

Please let me know to make sure that this is a real meteorites and classification of it which tests should I do?

which institutes analysis is valid for all around the world? and what test I should pass to confirm it?

thanks

Hello there and welcome to the meteorite forum. There is a wealth of knowledge here, as well as the web to identifying and classifying meteorites. My recommendation would be to do some research about identifying your suspected stone, prior to advertising it here on the meteorite forum. This forum has a section to sell such items and is in the classified section. Once you are certain about the origin and have some analysis data to back up your claim, then you could start here for offering it for sale, but the classified section is more appropriate. Depending on your location, usually a higher learning institution, University, or geological laboratory, might be able to do some analysis for you, at a price. With most analysis, 20 percent or 20 grams is required for testing and identification. I would recommend that you hold onto your suspect stone until further processing, and identification is made. Good luck in your endeavors, and keep looking. Jason ;)

many thanks for all the friend's posts, :rolleyes:

Because I saw it when it crashed to ground myself. that is waythere is no doubte for me that this is a meteorite.

I am living in Iran and want to know if any body know by chance any institute in Iran that its analysis is acceptable for all? where can I get more info regarding this analysis? you know that I have to pay for it and dont want to pay more than one time.

please advice.

Masoud

Ok, perhaps I was a little hasty in my response...My apologies.

Do you have pictures of the rock in situ...the place where it fell? Do you have GPS coordinates? How about some much better close-ups? The picture you used does not give enough detail and pictures are not the best for id at anytime...

One proper test is all you should need...does Iran allow the citizenry to own space rocks and legally sell them out of country?

willing to help but still skeptical

fred

Ok, perhaps I was a little hasty in my response...My apologies.

Do you have pictures of the rock in situ...the place where it fell? Do you have GPS coordinates? How about some much better close-ups? The picture you used does not give enough detail and pictures are not the best for id at anytime...

One proper test is all you should need...does Iran allow the citizenry to own space rocks and legally sell them out of country?

willing to help but still skeptical

fred

Dear Fred,

I found this meteorite 3 years before and on that time I didnt have enough info about meteorites and that is way I have no photo of situ but I can provide you GPS coordinates. I can provide you more photos with better quality if you nwant.

I have not heard any thing about any restriction on owning such rocks. Normally it shouldnt have such limitation because this rock doesnt belong to the ground of Iran and it blong to space.

I know some university and institutes which can do the meteorite analysis but I am not sure about their validity for out of Iran customers. please let me which kind of analysis you need to be able to give me the right price.

If it needs to meet any customer out of Iran It is okay for me.

thanks,

Masoud

Well M;

I am neither a buyer or seller of space rocks...but, how about this:

Send me the meteorite and if it appears to be authentic I will attempt to get it classified and a buyer for you...IF you certify that it is legally yours to sell and legally export.

Governments all over the world think they own what is not theirs...it is a tenet of the law dating back to the days when kings and queens thought they were gods and therefore everything in all the earth is theirs to give or keep...what a load of crap!

Fred

Well M;

I am neither a buyer or seller of space rocks...but, how about this:

Send me the meteorite and if it appears to be authentic I will attempt to get it classified and a buyer for you...IF you certify that it is legally yours to sell and legally export.

Governments all over the world think they own what is not theirs...it is a tenet of the law dating back to the days when kings and queens thought they were gods and therefore everything in all the earth is theirs to give or keep...what a load of crap!

Fred

Can anything be shipped in from Iran with the sanctions in place?

Steve