Nugget Shooter Forums

Can someone please tell me what this is?

Hi,

It is not magnetic, it has a triangle shape to almost everything except the outside, It looks like it has rust one it. and its pretty heavy (dont know the weight)

Thanks for the help in advance. Someone offered me a lot of money for it and I would like to know what it is before I sell it. It is larger than a quarter. Smaller than a half dollar.

post-23801-067936100 1285056415_thumb.jp

post-23801-090243600 1285056422_thumb.jp

post-23801-094367400 1285056428_thumb.jp

post-23801-070064700 1285056436_thumb.jp

post-23801-032052700 1285056444_thumb.jp

post-23801-021495600 1285056453_thumb.jp

Hi,

It is not magnetic, it has a triangle shape to almost everything except the outside, It looks like it has rust one it. and its pretty heavy (dont know the weight)

Thanks for the help in advance. Someone offered me a lot of money for it and I would like to know what it is before I sell it. It is larger than a quarter. Smaller than a half dollar.

I'm going to guess galena crystals

The funny thing is that galena, chalcopyrite and iron/copper sulphides are all CUBIC. These crystals are not. Galena is always dark and lead colored (that I have seen)and rhombodedrical (yes, I know this is not the correct word) and chalcopyrite is peacock ore (to my best knowledge)and is multi colored and CUBIC. I have buckets full of sulphide crystals that look EXACTLY the same but they are not "triangular" (I believe triangular is the wrong word...tetrahexagonal? Rhombohedrical? Confusaximal?)they are CUBIC.

The key to the ID is the shape of the crystals. I dont think any of us are correct so far except Fred.

G'Day Fred

Wish I could. I think that's what Kat and I need. But I'm afraid it has to be put on hold. I'm going to miss out on your great food as well as all the great people. But there's always next year. Seems like you've adjusted to retirement pretty well. Now you just need to find that productive hole and you will be on cloud 9

Cheers

Johnno & Kat

The funny thing is that galena, chalcopyrite and iron/copper sulphides are all CUBIC. These crystals are not. Galena is always dark and lead colored (that I have seen)and rhombodedrical (yes, I know this is not the correct word) and chalcopyrite is peacock ore (to my best knowledge)and is multi colored and CUBIC. I have buckets full of sulphide crystals that look EXACTLY the same but they are not "triangular" (I believe triangular is the wrong word...tetrahexagonal? Rhombohedrical? Confusaximal?)they are CUBIC.

The key to the ID is the shape of the crystals. I dont think any of us are correct so far except Fred.

Interesting, I camer here to ask since its more than one person offering me money for it, so I took it to another GEM/Stone store near by and that person offered me a nice cunk of change too. It is weird I have never seen anything like it no matter what size the "triangles" are, the are the exact same shape. It is very heavy for its size also. I would really like to know what this is and I know you guys are trying but I cant seem to find anything that is this shape...It looks like a triangle but its not, its kinda like a 3D beveled triangle from any angle you look at it.

Thanks