Nugget Shooter Forums
Fishinbobo

Any advice for going to the "LSD"?

I have been reading posts regarding the Little San Domingo wash lately. And with it being farely close to home has me itching to give it a look. Since I have barelly started to look into it I really have no idea where to start. So I was wondering is there any decent club claims in the area? Or does the majority of people search for "open" land in the area. I am still farelly new at researching areas so I figures a club claim would be a good place to start asking.

I know no one is going to give up there HOT SPOT in the area and that is not what I am asking for. But ANY basic info on the area would br greatly appreciated since like I said at this point I really know nothing about the area other then it seems to produce some decent areas for drywashing.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Brian

GPAA and the Road Runner Clubs both have claims in the area. Some claims of both clubs are side by side to one another. Both clubs combined have at least ten claims in that area. Check with the Phoenix chapter of GPAA, and the Roadrunner club to see if they are having a club outting in the area. Visitors and newbies are welcome to all outtings and it give you a chance to see various methods of gold recovery and getting your feet wet at the same time.

More Au to you, Robert

I agree joining Roadrunners is a good way to get access to the area knowing you are not trespassing and they have many claims in the LSD area that still produce nuggets as well as places to drywash.

I would like to join the roadrunners but the price is alittle high for us right now. How is the GPAA claims? I was talking with my dad yesterday about joining them and that could be an option if it seems they have decent claims in that area. And from what it sounds if they are back to back with roadrunner claims they should be decent as well.

would you say the gpaa is a good area for drywashing as well?

I think the idea with working some of the claims out there is to think outside the box a little , and try to prospect on ground that has not been previously drywashed.Then again some guys drywashing dont do it thoroughly enough and leave little nuggies & fine gold in bedrock crevaces.The gpaa would be a fine place to start, and it would familiarise yourself with the area which is important, then later on maybe you would want to branch out a little and join another club. There is gold scattered all throughout the area on benches,mesas,tributaries,and younger channels.

Adam... That's exactly what I was thinking. Use the gpaa to check out the area. I just remember people in the past have said that some of the gpaa claims have been worked pretty hard. Now I can see how with nugget hunting that would be a problem but as long as there are good drywasher areas still out there to find then it would be worth the cost to join the club.

and so far me and my dad have really only worked the weaver claims a few times. And the only time I have with bedrock was in lynx creek. So if there areas to get to bedrock at the lsd then it sounds good enough to me to give it a try. Still waiting to find my first picker to small nugget. So maybe out there might be a good place to try.

Four or more different clubs have claims in the LSD area...There are in excess of 50 club claims there...Roadrunners, GPAA, Arizona Gold Prospectors Assn., Arizona Prospectors and one other I won't mention...Cheers, Unc

Don't waste your time nobody mentioned that theres no more gold to be found at LSD :zip-lip: Mike C...:ph34r2:

Fishinbobo

LSD gold is in Bill's shoe, Mike C and Uncle Rons pockets. You see that's why they call it a gold pocket. If you wait all that gold will wear a little hole in the pockets and shoes. After the hole in the pocket and shoe forms you patch it and thus have a nugget patch. So you now know what a gold pocket and nugget patch is and how to find gold at LSD. How do I know all this. I read Chris Ralph's book, Fists Full of Gold. So Fishinbobo if you want to learn all this interesting stuff get the book. (Chris I hope I got that all right) The book is a must for a newbe.

Oh! Fishenbobo this little nugget fell out of Bill's shoe.

post-384-045564800 1285350526_thumb.jpg

I have the book. Got mine about 2 weeks ago or so. What can I say I am a slow reader. How long will it take for the holes in there shoes and pockets to form? I think I havent reached that chapter yet, might have to skip ahead.

And YES i agree his book is a must read. ALOT of very good info loaded in his book.

Brian

There is some good news Brian. They have been wearing the same clothes for the last 20 years so keep your eye out. I expect some big finds any day now. :)

Fishinbobo

LSD gold is in Bill's shoe, Mike C and Uncle Rons pockets. You see that's why they call it a gold pocket. If you wait all that gold will wear a little hole in the pockets and shoes. After the hole in the pocket and shoe forms you patch it and thus have a nugget patch. So you now know what a gold pocket and nugget patch is and how to find gold at LSD. How do I know all this. I read Chris Ralph's book, Fists Full of Gold. So Fishinbobo if you want to learn all this interesting stuff get the book. (Chris I hope I got that all right) The book is a must for a newbe.

Have you added any more to your collection yet Frank? I got 4 more out of that wash....

Have you added any more to your collection yet Frank? I got 4 more out of that wash....

That would require Frank to quit bury... er... finding bodies in his yard!

I'm hurting to get out there, but after my experience on Red Cloud Mine last weekend, I'm a little scared. Add to that, that I'm headed back out of town Monday and I just don't have enough time to get out in the field right now.

I know I won't stop to search until I have to use the jerry can to fill the rhino next time, though! I always find myself stopping way too soon when I get out there, even though I've had great luck with panning and a little GMT work out there. Can't wait to get my drywasher finished and fired up out that away! (or someone to let me tag along to help dig and shovel for the drywasher)

Bill you're the man. Won't be nothing left in that spot you keep it up. I've not been out but will be now that the weather is cooling.

Glenn you can't prospect and drive back and forth every weekend.

Fishinbobo

Hi Frank Bill is the only one I know that has lost gold when looking for gold--we were out around the weavers one time and he managed to lose his bottle with about 3 nuggets in it-so I'll give you directions and you can find those as well-that is if you can handle crawling through catclaw thats very dence--Excellent definitons of pocket gold and nugget patches :yuk-yuk: Mike C...:ph34r2:

Hi Frank Bill is the only one I know that has lost gold when looking for gold--we were out around the weavers one time and he managed to lose his bottle with about 3 nuggets in it-so I'll give you directions and you can find those as well-that is if you can handle crawling through catclaw thats very dence--Excellent definitons of pocket gold and nugget patches :yuk-yuk: Mike C...:ph34r2:

I had forgotten all about that mike.... :baaasmiley:

A lesson for us all. Keep those pants gold pockets nugget patched. You see Bill, nuggetshooter lesson #8.