Nugget Shooter Forums

run time clock question...

OK, As I said I'm considering a clock being added to my drywasher so I have an actual idea of how much use I get on my drywasher.

For thos whom understand electric. I should be able to wire the clock/timer in parrelle with the moter after the on/off switch correct ? This way it runs when the unit is turned on and does not reduce the voltage to the unit.

OK, As I said I'm considering a clock being added to my drywasher so I have an actual idea of how much use I get on my drywasher.

For thos whom understand electric. I should be able to wire the clock/timer in parrelle with the moter after the on/off switch correct ? This way it runs when the unit is turned on and does not reduce the voltage to the unit.

correct, just as long as they work off the same voltage and have the right polarity.

never mind looking at the timer ,keep shoveling lol

True, but....

Normally testing an area we try to estimate how much dirt we have run in certain amount of time then look at the gold we have recovered, do some math and get hourly wages. With a small run time clock things are simplified some....

Thanks for the links Homefire, I already have a black box my rheostat switch is wired into and that should fit as well...

Bill You have it exactly right.

I'm just trying to quanify what I'm getting. I go out ans dig. But my pain causes me to not do as much as I want at times. Then I take breaks for water and stuff. SO I might be out there for 6 hours and realise I slept for away when I laid down in my car resting. So the 6 hours truned in to 1 hour of actual work.

Then with the heat who knows. I quit early and go home long before I should.

Being Electronics you may not want to put it directly on the shaker.

You can obtain them other places, Hell local automotive shop may have them for sale.

It's just a Hour clock for Engines and stuff.

never mind looking at the timer ,keep shoveling lol

just pulling your leg Jim.

when i start covering my gas costs thatll be the day i have been at it for eight months so far and havent sold a dimes worth of gold still working to the magical one and a half ounces, so i can sell the bulk and invest the money into finding more gold lol