Nugget Shooter Forums

Test Pan

Nugget Shooter

Tested a little area I plan to take the kids to tomorrow for some drywashing. Didn't last long as it is 110F out here today and I just wanted to see if the area was worth working. Dug a small hole and ran for about an hour and got this,

IMG_20100917_153210.jpg

Cheers, Bill

Dang! Did you Wet pan that test run?

I would be tickled Pink to find that in a hour.

At curret prices that is a PAY HOLE!

I hope so.... I know several places at LSD that can pay (I hope) from my wanderings. I had forgotten how fun drywashing can be. Well at 5:30am I'll be back at it with kids and fingers crossed :rolleyes:

Bill

:brows: Looks good to me :WOW: but hey if you are not satisfied with that you can always give us directions to your secret spot :ROFL: :hahaha: ...LOL.. Just kidding you know if you did that there would be a Gold Ruch and you and the kids would never be able to get any for yourself...Boy I can't wait to get back to the States and pull out the detector and pans again..

Very Respectfully

RANGERMG

Tim

Bill you might want to try something a friend of mine used to do...don't know if it's new

or not but he mostly went to King Tut or White Hills with his son and daughter and their

dry washer that he made...he took a small roto-tiller that had wheels on the back and

front tines...he would set it in the wash close to the dry washer and with about half

throttle let the little machine eat it's way into the bank creating some really fine and

close by sand for the kids the shovel into the dry washer while he went detecting...worked

really good and the kids got to keep all the gold!!!!

Bill you might want to try something a friend of mine used to do...don't know if it's new

or not but he mostly went to King Tut or White Hills with his son and daughter and their

dry washer that he made...he took a small roto-tiller that had wheels on the back and

front tines...he would set it in the wash close to the dry washer and with about half

throttle let the little machine eat it's way into the bank creating some really fine and

close by sand for the kids the shovel into the dry washer while he went detecting...worked

really good and the kids got to keep all the gold!!!!

Shh [whisper] lol i was thinking of trying that. but lately the ground im in is full of large bolders. im gettin a little gold near caliche in ground thats like concrete/ where i found the gramme nugget havent seen anymore of its family members since.

when drywashing with concentrates i take the first 3 riffles and run it through the desert fox and the gold looks good /when i get home and let it dry out in the pan it shrinks to a quarter of the size along with my pride lol.

i need to find handier gold lately i have been clearing about 4 foot of over burden with nothing in it to get to about 6 inches of clay above the caliche and im working away from the was up to the hill. i got nothing in the wash but i think it was dug with a machine at some stage there is nothing but large bolders all in the wash.

happy huntin everyone and this weekend it got very hot quickly after day break on sunday i worked through saturday night and it stayed up near the 80s. hopefully next weekend will be a little cooler but i swear the bees know my truck they hover around me and the truck come daylight looking for water and usually i give in and set up water mixed with dirt away from where im working and the truck but the water dries up quick on a large bin lid and when that happens the bees get very agressive and come after me for more water/ i ended up pouring slowly more water on the lid with a fury of bees hovering around me and at least 2 thousand bees on the liditself balling around in the muddy water.

i will give you an example how bad it gets, i took my work gloves/ cotton off and threw them on the tail gate and instantly a lods of bees flew inside both gloves. is that crazy or what. i can hardly put the stuff in the back of the truck i have to carefully pile stuff in and drive for a mile before i loose the bees hovering around the truck.

i have never been stung[except for one that flew inside a hole in my trousers and i squished him to protect vital body parts lol] but they go nuts for the water i had my desert fox inside the truck with windows closed and they still came and wouldent leave. my biggest fear is that i would piss one bee off and the danger would be that the whole swarm would attack. this has been going on every weekend once daylight breaks for the last 2 months /bring on the cooler weather and maybe the bees wont bother me as much. i had a camera i should have taken pics i just now thought of it and i actaully did take a few photos before the sun peered over the mountains.

Hey there Silver. You might try this little trick next time you are out among the bee's.

Pour some laundry bleach out into a cup, or some other container and keep it near where you are working.

You can also pour some into your Desert Fox water.

It works for me.

Patrick in Havasu.....

Hey there Silver. You might try this little trick next time you are out among the bee's.

Pour some laundry bleach out into a cup, or some other container and keep it near where you are working.

You can also pour some into your Desert Fox water.

It works for me.

Patrick in Havasu.....

thanks for the idea i will try that when im sluicing next time the bees are bad/ saturday night just coming on first light i got rid of all the water and covered any damp spots with loose dry dirt /some bees came and when they got nothing they cleared off again. i packed up about 9 am as i was tired from a hard nights digging and it takes me almost 3 hours to get back heere to vegas. got about a gramme, still havent got a proper scales to weigh the gold, but i guess it would be worse having a scales and no gold to weigh lol.

i got there about five saturday evening i was put off going by the extreme heat warnings but it was lovely there and the night was cool/ it only wish i had got there a few hours earlier. the hunt for the golden catch goes on .