Nugget Shooter Forums

what ind of coil is this one, its very big!

I've personally never used such a big coil but saw a GREAT show on tv where a fella mounted one out front of his atv and detected for meteorites with it with righteous success-tons a au 2 u 2-John :thumbsupanim

• 2 weeks later...

Gosh Nubian and I have been exchanging e-mails. He is most seriously interested in learning more about the geology and metallogenetic processes in Sudan. Any help by forum members would be appreciated.

There is a book that was published over 100 years ago by Curlie, James Herbert. I do not have a copy but I understand it is still selling well as it is being reprinted in small lots by demand.

"Gold Mines of the World" ISBN: 9780559362279. I believe copies are available for about $40 USA. I do not (yet) have a copy of it... but curious about it?

Sometimes old books and publications can be valuable resourses... especially today with most of the commomly known areas now being well pounded.

Gosh Nubian and I have been exchanging e-mails. He is most seriously interested in learning more about the geology and metallogenetic processes in Sudan. Any help by forum members would be appreciated.

There is a book that was published over 100 years ago by Curlie, James Herbert. I do not have a copy but I understand it is still selling well as it is being reprinted in small lots by demand.

"Gold Mines of the World" ISBN: 9780559362279. I believe copies are available for about $40 USA. I do not (yet) have a copy of it... but curious about it?

Sometimes old books and publications can be valuable resourses... especially today with most of the commomly known areas now being well pounded.

Thanks a lot Jim for your help.

I found some sites with old mines info, but i need more knowledge, i want to learn more and more :miner: ,i´m sooo thirsty in knowledge. I hope this will be my new lifestyle.

Garimpo did advice me to buy a book (Fists Full Of Gold), but will the indicators in USA be the same in Sudan, maybe Chris can answer me?

Thanks to you all.

Nubian

Actually the extra power need to run a coil that size is minimal in the overall picture and the operator likely would not have any issues if charging the battery daily as we all normally do. The coil shown will indeed serve well to find deep large targets in flat ground.

I bought a coil very similiar (maybe same one) from Chris G. and used PVC and a chair mat (to protect coil) and pulled behind quad. Only place I found I could use it was RP. That area was low in trash targets. We covered a large area pretty quick but only found trash (wire and bullets).

Good luck, Shep

• 9 months later...

Gosh nubium... great to see your post and that you are back... :olddude: js

(thanks richs)