Nugget Shooter Forums

looking for learning material for gpx 4500

claytargethntr

Hello all,

First off I wanted to say lots of interesting reading on here. Anyway I live in NW AZ most of the year, but my job takes me away during the summer months (back and forth on days off), anyway I joined the MPA last year, and prior to that I do have some experience with a ML explorer II relic/coin/beach trolling. I just purchased a ML GPX 4500 and have about a month before returning home and having a chance to get it out and start using it. I have been trying to find either books or internet sites to help minimize the learning curve once home. The GPX is not with me here, but would like to find something anything to read up on as I have been through the manual a couple times.

Thanks for the help

claytargethntr

Hello all,

First off I wanted to say lots of interesting reading on here. Anyway I live in NW AZ most of the year, but my job takes me away during the summer months (back and forth on days off), anyway I joined the MPA last year, and prior to that I do have some experience with a ML explorer II relic/coin/beach trolling. I just purchased a ML GPX 4500 and have about a month before returning home and having a chance to get it out and start using it. I have been trying to find either books or internet sites to help minimize the learning curve once home. The GPX is not with me here, but would like to find something anything to read up on as I have been through the manual a couple times.

Thanks for the help

claytargethntr

claytargethntr,

There are many DVD's on the GPX-4500 & online vidios . . . . . . Mr. Southern may have some in stock . . . . . .

Or with the many people selling their 4500's to get the newest one out there, you might be able to pick up a used DVD on the GPX-4500 for a song . . . just put a WTB in the classifieds here on the forum.

What area you going to hunt in the most ?

wonderer

Thank you for the ideas and offers. I dont live too far from gold basin (Kingman). If we get off work in time I will try to make the meet and greet the end of Oct.

Any recommended books or dvds that members have found worthwhile.

claytargethntr

We have a number of instructional DVD's on the Minelab detectors available which you should be able to get off Bill Southern. For more info go to our web site at Aurumaustralis web site

Jonathan Porter

Clay-You Might go to Australia Goldfeilds Prospecting forum, AOZ forum and Nuggethunter forum..Go back a few pages to when there were lots of questions about the operation of the 4500. You can start hunting with your 4500 in factory preset while you learn. I would take Bill Southerns offer, he is one of the Minelab GURU's...............Idaho Al