Nugget Shooter Forums

Hunting for Ant Farts in Montana

Allen in MT

Took the GB2 out to a spot that I have picked over before. I was using the little 6" coil to scrub the hard pan dirt. Some would say stuff like this is a waste of time but at the gold prices today every piece counts. Also in play was the Jimmy Sierra Maxiphones 150 OHMS. Sometimes it's fun just to pick a spot and really start working an area instead of wondering from one side of the valley to the other. 8 little ant farts is what we call them for a total weight of .598 grams. The photo with the penny shows how small the smallest piece is, which is the smalles to date I've found with a detector. I blotted out the weight of this as it will be used for a guess the weight contest later.

enjoy

Allen in MT

post-227-054696300 1284405222_thumb.jpg

post-227-059487700 1284405247_thumb.jpg

Nice crumbs Allen, I guess you got them BULL ANTS up there where you are with the GB 2.

Down here we got them "piss ants" we call em. Their alot smaller than those BULL ANTS you got.

So they don't actually FART these piss ants just make little "squeeker poops" for the GMT to find. :hahaha:

post-562-021265700 1284411798_thumb.jpg

Nice crumbs Allen, I guess you got them BULL ANTS up there where you are with the GB 2.

Down here we got them "piss ants" we call em. Their alot smaller than those BULL ANTS you got.

So they don't actually FART these piss ants just make little "squeeker poops" for the GMT to find. :hahaha:

ALLEN, Nice farts, We have some monster ants here in TX. I sure wish they pooped nuggets, I don't think they Even fart. I give them a wide birth, for they can sure give you a different outlook on life.

Nice dinks, Allen...Dodacious and I are up in Montana this week seeing national parks including Glacier and Yellowstone...We were in Kalispell for a couple nights...Is that where you are located? ... I thought you were and was going to look you up but our time got ate up by business...Saw some cool tailing areas near the Flathead River south of Glacier Park...Looking forward to getting back up here...Been running all over Yellowstone the past couple days seein' critters and enjoying the sites... Saw Old Faithful this afternoon and a bunch of bison and big honkin' elk...Cheers, Unc

post-9-041277100 1284437615_thumb.jpg

post-9-022831900 1284438009_thumb.jpg

Nice dinks, Allen...Dodacious and I are up in Montana this week seeing national parks including Glacier and Yellowstone...We were in Kalispell for a couple nights...Is that where you are located? ... I thought you were and was going to look you up but our time got ate up by business...Saw some cool tailing areas near the Flathead River south of Glacier Park...Looking forward to getting back up here...Been running all over Yellowstone the past couple days seein' critters and enjoying the sites... Saw Old Faithful this afternoon and a bunch of bison and big honkin' elk...Cheers, Unc

Well you was close, I'm in Ronan between Missoula and kalispell. If you were traveling hwy 93 you were within 3 blocks of our place, maybe next time.

Allen

Hey Allen...We went through Ronan on our way to Bozeman..I remembered it because I named my Grandson Ronan...Unfortunately, no body else wanted him named Ronan and I was out voted, but I still secretly call him that :yuk-yuk: That area didn't strike me much as gold country , but I didn't get off the highway...Beautiful country...Dodacious and I a hoping to get back up in the motorhome and do some serious fishing and beeping ... Cheers, Unc

Took the GB2 out to a spot that I have picked over before. I was using the little 6" coil to scrub the hard pan dirt. Some would say stuff like this is a waste of time but at the gold prices today every piece count. 8 little ant farts is what we call them for a total weight of .598 grams.

Nice finds. I actually enjoy the challenge of finding those little,microscopic pieces. Not many people would bother with them.

Steve

Hi Allen... great country up there by Ronan. Spent a few years on North Fork up by PoleBridge. If ya get up that way try Moose Ck drainage for some color. When you said ant farts... I though you where talking about MDing ant piles. I never pass up any ant diggin' as there's fart nuggets in some of them. The ants do the work, I collect the dinks.

Sidebar: I learned something new visiting back east... don't even think about "fire" ant piles, ouch... Took weeks to recover from that little lesson, still have the scars.

Keep Smiling... Fritz :cigar:

Hi Frank... yep those blisters were a hoot, up to an inch long. Never seen ants swarm like that before from 3-4 mounds. Little buggers where on me in a few seconds. A little newspaper, diesel, and a match put them back in the ground and stopped the attack. Blisters lasted a couple weeks. Not sure I'd sleep on the ground around them, you might not wake-up again.

Keep Smiling... Fritz :cigar:

Nice gold...

Jim, if you want the smallest gold the GB2 will find get the 6 inch-e and a good magnifiers if you have lost your close up vision...

jeez...now everyone is claiming THEIRS is the smallest...how things change

fred

I'm assuming you meam me ? I bought the 6x4 but time on my recent vacation was limited.

Nice gold...

Jim, if you want the smallest gold the GB2 will find get the 6 inch-e and a good magnifiers if you have lost your close up vision...

jeez...now everyone is claiming THEIRS is the smallest...how things change

fred

Good one Fred. :tisk-tisk: