Nugget Shooter Forums

where to find eluvial nuggets i sudan

Hi!

I'm on my way to northern Sudan to detect gold. The place is the arabian-nubien shield. I don't have that much experience and appreciate all help and information of detecting gold and where it is to be found. My friends down there have found gold in "wadis/ valley/dry riverbed", but I'm thinking of going to the northern parts next to the Egyptian border, the area is covered with hills, lot of wadis and (alluvial fan???). Where are the most likely place to find the big nuggets (elluvial-eluvial) in these areas. Is there any method to locate eluvials nuggets near the goldmines in these places?

should i look near a shear zone/faults?

or should i stay near the old mines?

what kind of information can i get from a geo-map over sudan, that will help me in finding a good place for nugget hunting?

My equipment is gpx4500 and some maps over the area showing old Pharaohnic gold mines.

Appreciate all help, tips and info.

best regards

Swedish "Nubian" goldseeker

Welcome to the forum. First thing you need to do is get yourself an M-1 Abrams. I'll let everyone else fill you in with the rest of the details.

Steve

Thanks Steve, but skip this. iam for nugget hunting, i dont care about political, governments, USA-Sudan-problems, all that is crap for me.

Please give good advice i prospecting or leave me alone.

have a good time.

Nubian gold seeker.

Nubian there are many ways to go about gold hunting....your GP4500 is good equipment...

you haven't said if your going alone or with other people...it would be best for you

to have two or three good friends accompany you since your going into unfamiliar territory

and more important since your new at this game...my first advise would be go to where your

friends have found gold in the past and watch and learn from them and by paying close

attention to the type of terrain and soil where gold has been found in that area...you

didn't say what coil your using...go with a large coil if there's no vegetation to worry

about....if it's a long piece from you home then be sure to take spare parts...two coils...

a spare battery...a spare battery charger...power cord....a lot of water....these things

are small and simple but if just one goes out then your out of the game....as your learning

possibly someone you meet can answer some of your question about the virgin areas you

speak of....read your owners manual every day...expermint with different setting for your

detector before you dig a target...that way another setting may have produced a better

signal....never stop reading...learnig and asking questions....hope you have a GPS and a

digital camera...if I was ten years younger I would be telling you these things in person!!!

Good luck!!!

[quote

...if I was ten years younger I would be telling you these things in person!!!

:) , Thanks a lot for your advice. i will be with some friends, far(300-500 km) from home in the desert, these guys don't have any experience in gold or in detectors, that´s why i try to do a lot of research.

they have found gold in some areas, one guy that i got to know in Khartoum, fond 400grams i one hole, should i stay in the same place or look for a new one?

i have some articles that talk about gold mineralization and shear zone, how can that information gain me in reality/field?

Nubian gold seeker

Nubian you didn't say if you and your friends live in Africa or not...if you do then that

solves a lot of problems but if your from another country there's some problems that you

should address before you ever get to Africa...example what are the laws about metal

detectors in Africa?...where is the embassy of your country to register upon arrival in

Africa....do you buy or rent a vehicle...make sure the electrical system of your vehicle

will charge your batteries...a 12v charger is the only way to go...health wise is your

inoculations up to par for entry...how are you going to deal with money issues...it's a

long list before you ever get to the gold fields...someone much smarter than me will have

to explain to you about the shear zones and mineralization....

As for the guy that found 400gr in one hole that would be an excellent place to start...

what detector and coil was he using? What is the terrain like...flat or hills...vegaitation

will you be able to drive to most of the hunt area or walk in?...is 2 wheel drive ok or

is 4x4 necessary...is water and food plentiful?...fuel for you vehicle available?....who

owns the land and can you get permission to hunt there?...you may have to pay the owner a

percentage....how are you and your friends going to share the cost and how are you going to

divide the gold...all these things should be settled before starting out...

i live in sweden summer time, and in egypt/sudan in the winter. i know the people (nubian-desert area) very good, they are the most hostility/kind people i ever lived with.

the locals over there detect with out permit, they dont need it, i will join them in the trips. i will buy 4500 with 18" mono coil + a 4wd car(pajero diesel) o they will work. we will split the gold that we find like this: 1/3 to workers, 1/3 for owner of detector, and 1/3 for owner of the car, that will be 2/3 to me.

terrain: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xejgi5_sudans-desert-hiding-fortune-for-go_news

i have not been in the goldfield yet, only outskirt near nile river in the northern area.

After reading and watching the videos above I've got gold fever so bad my boots itch...

that open desert is a beepers dream come true...tie a cord around your waist and attach

a one foot chain to drag on the ground and grid...grid...grid....it looked to me like most

of them just wander around willy nilly without any plan....in one of the videos the man was

using a 18" or 20" coil but had it on backwards....if using a GP4000 or GP4500 put it in

"patch" mode and go for the gold....I wonder if it's possible to take the gold out of the

country...also is it possible to take a metal detector into the country when flying in....

here some very interesting stuff i fond today on net, about how nuggets form .

article: http://www.csiro.au/news/GoldNuggets.html

for audio: http://www.csiro.au/news/GoldNuggets.html

so if my friend down there fond 400grams, it should be near a very very big primary source(maybe deep in the ground), or what do you say?

Many factors to consider Nubian...were the 400 grams found in one hole...one nugget or many

nuggets...how deep were they...were they smooth and water worn or crystalline? What is the

terrain like where they were found...hilly or flat....possibly in an ancient river bed?...

I would definitely think there's a good chance there's many more in the same area...some

shallow and some deep...that's the reason for a large coil....

I would start where he found the 400 grams...tie a cord around my waist with a 18" chain

on the end to mark the ground and then detect at least 200 meters if possible then turn

around and detect back to my starting point but move over each time so that your sweeps

with the detector just barley overlap each other...this method in Australia is know as

"chaining"...with this method you can tell where you've been and you can cover an area very

well....then after you've covered a good sized area go back over the same ground but this

time at a 90° angle....some areas here I've "chained" 4 different directions and found gold

each direction...usually deep gold....

Are you in Sudan now? If so how far from the 400 gr hole? Are you in contact with the people

that made this discovery? Will they show you where it's at? Where is the nearest

International airport to there?

Notice the Nubian desert in the upper right hand corner of the map....

post-300-006419500 1284491596_thumb.gif

Embassy Khartoum

Travel to Dafur Region of Sudan

April 26, 2010

This Warden Message alerts U.S. citizens to the continuing risks of travel to Sudan, particularly in the Darfur region. In addition to periodic outbreaks of violence involving government forces, rebel factions, and armed militias, foreign nationals in Darfur have been the victims of kidnappings and carjackings carried out by armed criminal groups. U.S. citizens are advised to avoid unnecessary travel to the areas of Nyala in South Darfur and El Geneina in West Darfur. Four employees of the African Union/United Nations Hybrid Operation in Darfur (UNAMID) were recently kidnapped in Nyala and continue to be held hostage, and there has been an increase in carjackings in the West Darfur area. The U.S. Embassy currently reviews and approves, on a case by case basis, all requests for travel by U.S. government personnel to the Darfur region.

Note: The Department of State continues to warn against all travel to Sudan. U.S. citizens who choose to travel and reside in Sudan despite this Travel Warning should review their security posture and take appropriate precautions, remaining aware of their surroundings at all times. U.S. citizens living or traveling in Sudan are encouraged to register their presence with the nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate through the Department of State's Travel Registration website (http://travel.state.gov ) so they can obtain updated information on travel and security within Sudan. U.S. citizens without Internet access may register directly with the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. By registering, U.S. citizens make it easier for the Embassy or consulate to contact them in case of emergency.

U.S. citizens living or traveling in Sudan should regularly monitor the U.S. Embassy’s website, http://sudan.usembassy.gov, and the Bureau of Consular Affairs website, http://travel.state.gov, where the current Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information can be found. The U.S. Embassy also encourages U.S. citizens to review "A Safe Trip Abroad", which includes valuable security information for those both living and traveling abroad. In addition to information on the Internet, travelers may obtain up-to-date information on security conditions by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the U.S. and Canada, or outside the U.S. and Canada on a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444.

The U.S. Embassy is located on U.S. Embassy Road, Kilo 10, Soba, off Wad Medani Highway; tel. 249-187-022000 (outside Sudan) and 0187-022000 (inside Sudan). U.S. citizens requiring assistance may schedule an appointment with American Citizen Services through the Embassy's website: http://sudan.usembassy.gov. For after-hours emergencies, please call the Embassy, press “0,” and ask to be connected to the Duty Officer.

Garimpo i really enjoy to talk to you, thank you very much for all advice :thumbsupanim

Are you in Sudan now? If so how far from the 400 gr hole? Are you in contact with the people

that made this discovery? Will they show you where it's at? Where is the nearest

International airport to there?

No, in this moment in sweden, preparing for sudan trip.

the International airport is in khartoum.

yesteday i talked to the same guy who fond 400gr ,he told me that his relatives got 4kg and 50gram from some stone material(crushing??)(quartz??), yes he will be with me on the trip and show me the place, i will take some picture of the hole and environment around and post in this forum, maybe you or someone else can give me some good advices then.

another friend in khartoum told me that they fond gold in this area ( al-butaana in arabic):

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/26316518

http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/original/27205652.jpg

my question is, the white stones on the ground, can it be quartz? does that indicate availability of gold ???

..were the 400 grams found in one hole...one nugget or many

nuggets

i will ask him next time over phone about the details of the nugget/nuggets in the hole, i think it was many pieces.

Nubain the foto of the white rocks was not clear enough to tell what they are...quartz

at times does have gold and other times doesn't....when I'm in gold country and see quartz

I always check it out with my detector...

The area South of Abu Hamed and East of the Nile river show gold desposits....a much larger

area is North of Wadi Halfa and it also has the gold mines...are the mines for sure gold and

are they still in operation?...

Again ask your friends where they found the 400 gr. and that's where I would start...pay

attention to the land...are the nuggets smooth or crystalline....is the soil highly

mineralized....what type of dirt gravel mix holds the gold....is there bed rock and if so

how deep is it...is it possible much of the gold is in old ancient river beds....ask a lot

of questions from the local people there....

Sudan digs for gold as prices rise

At least one-quarter of Sudan could be rich territory for gold mining, making it a hot-spot for foreign companies exploring there.

In recent years, individual mining has reached unprecedented proportions and figures indicate that at least 50,000 people are believed to be working in Sudan's northern desert.

The Sudanese government has tried to discourage gold mining in the past because of the deadly risks involved.

However, it has proved a lifeline for thousands of people as the price of gold has soared.

Al Jazeera's Mohamed Vall reports:

• 10 months later...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hey guyz ...nubian :D how ya doin?

lol well am here with exact coordinates for gold areas and old mines...more than 600 points all over sudan...and places i found gold my self at .... tadfa3 kamm???lol