Nugget Shooter Forums

Thank You Mother Nature

I have been very fortunate over the years to have found, held and worked with some amazing gold. I put a small slideshow together to share a small portion of that gold. On the bottom right there is a button to make it full screen.............

Enjoy

th_DayamfineGold.jpg

WOW! That crystaline gold at ~00:27 is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! :WOW: :wub: (the lover's eyes are tracking the mouth on my screen, making me laugh)

First time seeing true crystalline Au, thanks for educating me. :ROFL:

Now, a couple questions:

Can you tell us the regions for the different gold as they appeared, as I know some can tell an area just from the color and structure? I'm not asking for anything specific that would come even close to being able to locate anything, maybe districts or even just the country and state/province or county (if it's that localized regarding color). I'm looking to learn what gold from different areas looks like, because it's all so very different (you've just made that certain for anyone with a shadow of a doubt).

Now, back to the drool-inducing crystalline gold... was that found in a vein-type setting or what? I could not have travelled, well, at all. You can still see the structures of the crystals on the facets!

The pendant at 02:09 looks like a Playboy™ turtle set to hop around a bit LOL

Damned fine gold, and EXCELLENT photography! :wubu: The depth of field in several pics (e.g. 01:03) really helps to centerpiece the subject matter all the more. What camera were you using?

Thank you so much for hyping me up even more. Now I can barely type and I'm an IT geek by day (wish there was spell check inherent in the board, LOL)

Glenn

I did not find all that gold, only some of it. I did however get to either work on most of it or it was just shown to me. So, it is hard to say where some of it came from. The nugget with the best story and the most valuable was the one in the first slide. This was the largest nugget recovered from The USS Central America. Some of the gold came from my two trips down to Brazil as Don's (Garimpo) guest, Most came from California (including that pendant).The most amazing crystalline gold came from right here in my hometown of Foresthill! The gold on that ship came from the earliest days of the California gold rush and was bound for the east coast when it sank. Various cameras were used, but they are all Canon Power Shots.

Glenn

I did not find all that gold, only some of it. I did however get to either work on most of it or it was just shown to me. So, it is hard to say where some of it came from. The nugget with the best story and the most valuable was the one in the first slide. This was the largest nugget recovered from The USS Central America. Some of the gold came from my two trips down to Brazil as Don's (Garimpo) guest, Most came from California (including that pendant).The most amazing crystalline gold came from right here in my hometown of Foresthill! The gold on that ship came from the earliest days of the California gold rush and was bound for the east coast when it sank. Various cameras were used, but they are all Canon Power Shots.

Thanks for the response. I'm still drooling over the crystalline gold!

I shared the slideshow to Facebook and my dad almost immediately responded asing if I'd struck it rich... I wish!

Thanks for sharing that Steve. The story behind the first slide is fascinating. The first time you posted the picture of it I tried to imagine where it came from and how it made its way from the mine to the ship. Gold is even better when it has an amazing story behind it!