Nugget Shooter Forums

Invitation to Argentina

GlennM

Well, a good buddy of mine's parents and another American couple are the owners of an Argentinian gold mine assaying out at aroun 5ozt per ton. I saw for myself the amount that is coming out of there in the form of some of the placer area dirt from around the mine proper. In about 1/2 gallon of unconcentrated dirt came nearly 9 grams of pickers plus fines and flakes.

Here's the offer: All expenses paid (well, I have to provide my passport) trip down

Here's the problem: It's over the Xmas holiday and my anniversary just happens to fall on the 23rd of Dec and I have a 4 yr old that would likely never forgive me.

So... should I go on this trip? Likely a once in a lifetime trip! My wife is seemingly OK with it, as long as i bring back a bunch of gold. not sure how my little girl would react, though.

Glenn, If it were me, I would have make that trip. Like you said, it is a once in a lifetime trip. You could do xmas a little early for the kids. Sounds like you have a cool wife! Mine would also be good with a trip like that. Hope you find some gold!

Bunk

Don't do it Glenn. It's a trick to get you out of the way. I saw it on the lifetime movie network Angie watches all the time.

On the other hand do it. Never pass up adventure.

Glen

Sounds like a great opportunity to me :thumbsupanim ... Then again I am in Afghanistan so anything dealing with prospecting right now sounds great..LOL.. No on the serious side listen to Bunk and your wife Go for it it will never happen again and you'll always be thinking What If :*&$*(: ...Not a good way to go through life..And you can have a speacial Christmas with your little one before you go.. :twocents:

Very Respectfully

RANGERMG

Tim

It sounds like if you made the trip you would be able to celebrate a whopper of a Christmas and Anniversary when you returned (financially).

Have you gotten the facts about Argentinas possible laws,restrictions on leaving with the "goodies" ??

It seems you could have the chance to amas a small fortune to return with.

Glenn,

I find it funny that you're asking people that you know have a terrible case of GOLD FEVER this question, the answers here are to be predictable!!!

That being said and I having GOLD FEVER as bad as anyone I say go on the trip, you may never get another chance like this, Talk to your daughter I sure she will understand, and want you to go!!

Skip

:thumbsupanim Been in them shoes,other countries, and they forget soooooo easily it makes no matter. 4 kids and no repercussions but 3 wives gone hahahah-John :stupidrb:

Glenn,

I find it funny that you're asking people that you know have a terrible case of GOLD FEVER this question, the answers here are to be predictable!!!

That being said and I having GOLD FEVER as bad as anyone I say go on the trip, you may never get another chance like this, Talk to your daughter I sure she will understand, and want you to go!!

Skip

Boy, thats the truth! At least I didn't tell you to take the gun outside and shoot one time and come in and tell everyone that Santa, just commited suicide.

Bunk

Glenn there's an old saying that goes well with gold fever....

"it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission"....

kids forget and forgive easy....wives never...I keep reminding wife #5 there were 4 before

her.....

Enjoy the trip!!!!

Glen

Sounds like a great opportunity to me :thumbsupanim ... Then again I am in Afghanistan so anything dealing with prospecting right now sounds great..LOL.. No on the serious side listen to Bunk and your wife Go for it it will never happen again and you'll always be thinking What If mad0229[1].gif ...Not a good way to go through life..And you can have a speacial Christmas with your little one before you go.. :twocents:

Very Respectfully

RANGERMG

Tim

Tim,

If I've not said it directly before... THANK YOU for your service!

All...

I was aware the question posted here would likely garner the expected response. I just need to find my balls in the back of the freezer and use them for once (well, twice, in 13 years... I do have a daughter after all).

From the images I've seen (will try to get copies so I can post), the assay looks low. One of the veins in the wall of the short shaft, which is only at ~60 right now, shows visible gold throughout the vein. Probably 30% gold to 70% schist in a 10" wide and 12' tall vein.

I'll talk to my daughter tonight.

Reminds me of a chapter in the book, Treasure Hunter by Jennings and Moore. Jennings did just that and it did not turn out so good. Went down there on a invite and ended up shooting his host after he found some gold. The book is out of print but my buddy Robin Moore gave me a autographed copy he still had. Not many people know it but Robin spent some time treasure hunting with very interesting results. He is best known for writting the French Connection and Green Beret. Glenn it's strange I would think of that. Robin gave me that so long ago. Might be a sign.

If I were single and had no children, I'd take the risk. But considering what I have read above I would pass on this trip. Just sounds to good.....: ) and just my opinion.

I live in Chile and you will have a great time in Argentina - the people, food, culture are all good, the wine is even better. I tend to find I don't prospect much in December because its the start of summer and I'm in the north of Chile and it is just too hot - sometimes in the morning I can get out and sometimes in the late afternoon but during the day its just too hot. I don't know what part of Argentina you are planning to go to - if it is close to the Andes it will be hot.

I live in Chile and you will have a great time in Argentina - the people, food, culture are all good, the wine is even better. I tend to find I don't prospect much in December because its the start of summer and I'm in the north of Chile and it is just too hot - sometimes in the morning I can get out and sometimes in the late afternoon but during the day its just too hot. I don't know what part of Argentina you are planning to go to - if it is close to the Andes it will be hot.

Are the temps there similar to summer in Arizona then? We see 110 degrees F. commonly here in June to September here and yes it is just too hot to be in the field in those temps.

Folks you can ask El Dorado what the temps are like 12° South of the Equator and a few days

only 6° South....in Sept. and Oct. he sweated so much that he only pissed on Sundays when

we were at the house....but it's amazing how much cooler it seems to have suddenly gotten

just after you dig that first morning nugget....

Proper clothing...lots of water....and rest often helps a lot...

This trip is with a friend of mine and his wife. He's a contractor for the company I work for and we have a good relationship and are both prospectors. Her parents are the owners of the mine, which is near Chile.

I spoke to my family last night and I'm going. Frank, you're recall of that book is scaring the crap out of me now. I'm also nicknaming you "Boneyard." It's either that or Bonehead... I figured you're a nice guy, so yard it is. :)

We're going to do Xmas early, and my wife will get the insurance money, and be on easy street, should anything happen.

Glenn make sure you tell your wife you wanted me to have the Rhino. Hell the truck too. I'll name all the boot tacks I find after you.

Don, tell him about those bugs that crawl up your nose and eat your brain. Ops, too late Glenn they got you already!

Glenn... good for you, don't let a bunch of pantywaists get to you. Nothing better than a grand adventure to keep the heart and mind young! Can't wait to see the pictures and read the stories

Glenn make sure you tell your wife you wanted me to have the Rhino. Hell the truck too. I'll name all the boot tacks I find after you.

Don, tell him about those bugs that crawl up your nose and eat your brain. Ops, too late Glenn they got you already!

I don't wholly own the Rhino, though. I can leave you my debt that is the shop, though LOL

My wife would quickly get rid of the truck for loan value (which is considerably less than what it's worth)

:)

Tell him you're going to send a good friend his way from this forum in your place this time around, and you will see him next year instead. lol. I'm sure Garimpo or Eldorado would be happy to inspect the premises on your behalf. :brows: Oh, looks like you're already scheduled to make the trip, never mind, and good luck! :D

GlennM....just remember don't pick the crawly things off...a

quick slap will in most cases keep you from getting stung or bit..

be especially careful of all streams...I don't remember their name

but all So. American rivers have them....a little microbe that

enters any opening in your body and does a lot of damage inside...

first to go is memory....

Archived