Nugget Shooter Forums

Invitation to Argentina

Don't listen to Don. All you need is a large butt plug, small condom, nose and ear plugs and keep your big mouth shut and you will be fine.

Glenn... good for you, don't let a bunch of pantywaists get to you. Nothing better than a grand adventure to keep the heart and mind young! Can't wait to see the pictures and read the stories

:miner: ..... :thumbsupanim never wore panties,big guy

Are the temps there similar to summer in Arizona then? We see 110 degrees F. commonly here in June to September here and yes it is just too hot to be in the field in those temps.

I probably need to correct myself - it is probably more the sun than the heat - as there are cloudless skies all day and i am prospecting at between 1000m to 1500m above sea level the sun tends to fry me and as it is desert there are no trees there is no shade to take a rest. The temperature never gets much above 90F probably due to the altitude. I am prospecting on the Chile side of the andes but i suspect it is the same on the Argentine side.

I probably need to correct myself - it is probably more the sun than the heat - as there are cloudless skies all day and i am prospecting at between 1000m to 1500m above sea level the sun tends to fry me and as it is desert there are no trees there is no shade to take a rest. The temperature never gets much above 90F probably due to the altitude. I am prospecting on the Chile side of the andes but i suspect it is the same on the Argentine side.

I think your right munizaga...it's about the same here in Brazil

only 12° South of the Equator...altitude here is less than yours

but the sun fries skin and the UV is bad for the eyes...if you have a GPS what are your coords if it's not a secret? Good luck!!!

RISKY BEHAVIOR

Over the years I've been exposed to many deaths as the result of risky behavor. We've all done it to one degree or another. We all know people who paid the price for it. Some are exposed to it because it's their living and they know what they are doing. Others try to copy and are nailed to the wall. Some don't listen to their inner voice. Last time I was out I noticed a large cave like ledge with large rocks around it. Something told me don't go near it. I learned to listen to that voice. I made it through Viet Nam and 33 years of police work doing just that. Nothing wrong with a trip down south. Just avoid risky behavior and listen to that inner voice. When your butt hole puckers look out.

Frank, you're cracking me up over here. I read this and hear that inner voice... but it's your voice and it's freaking me the heck out!

Garimpo, the coords are secret. It's somewhere near San Luis

Frank it sounds like you and I have the same inner voice working for us...many times it's

kept my pucker factor in check...like the old saying:"better safe than sorry"...

Glenn I understand about the secret coords....

I think your right munizaga...it's about the same here in Brazil

only 12° South of the Equator...altitude here is less than yours

but the sun fries skin and the UV is bad for the eyes...if you have a GPS what are your coords if it's not a secret? Good luck!!!

Garimpo, I'm in the process of finalising my claim so i have to be careful what i put online. when my claim is finalised i'll post the co-ordingates and some fotos - it is real rough terrain - it is quite hilly with steep decents - the old miners in the 1930's and 40's broke every rock they could find trying to find gold so the sides of the hills are just peebles - real difficult to walk up or down let alone use a metal detector so i have to stay mainly in the valleys.

Don you been around. As you know sometime the risk is worth the result and you take a chance. You try to cover all the bases first to better your chance of getting out in one piece.

Glenn that was not directed at you but the subject. But as you know things happen. Remember the 2 aholes that pulled up on us out in the bush. They drove off when they spotted my gun. There are people out there that will kill you for your shoes. You just need to be aware and prepared. Right Don :arrowheadsmiley:

I got that, 110%

The guy, and his wife, that I'm going with has been several times. It's the wife's parents' place. And I've known him for about 7 years and been out with him a few times.

He's a VP at a company I've dealt with over the years and his wife is their AP/AR person. So I'm feeling fairly confident that _they_ and their family won't be any issue.

But I'll definitely be watching my back in a 3rd world country when I'm carrying several kilos of gold around :)

From my research, it seems the placer deposits in the area are actually more commercially viable than the lode deposits with nuggets in the 5ozt range not uncommon. That is arse-backwards to what I'd expect. Looks like I better take my detector, sluice and panning gear!

Garimpo... I don't even have the coordinates of the place, I know about how far it is from somewhere (not sure where) in San Luis. I imagine it's in the mountain range to the NE of there as that seems to be the place to go (according to research). I know the nickname of a river nearby, but have been asked not to divulge.

We'll get in to Santiago, Chile, and then drive over (I suspect) the Andes from there to San Luis for two days of goofing off, then off to the mine for a week. I get to keep anything I find, I got it in writing and notarized! Wish me luck :) I am as excited as a teenaged boy finding his dad's Playboy stash!

Good words of wisdom Frank...always plan for the worst but hope for the best and then your

not caught with your pants down....it's never a good thing when you have to "put someone

down" especially when your a guest in a foreign country but hopefully judged by 12 would

be better than carried by six...morbid thoughts so enough...just go find some good gold

and have a ball....