Nugget Shooter Forums

Backyard Mill

Kid Saxon

Looks like you had a Great pay day. Did you run that wet or dry? Also, what was the size of the matieral that went into your mill? I have thought about useing a small mortar mixer on a drywashing opperation to chush the clay balls.

Bunk

First Run

Ran six pounds of rock in my small homemade ball mill (14" x 12") for two hours,rock was reduced to flower fine dust. Nice pay day in gold too !

Luck on your next hunt. Chuck

Hey kid... Great looking mill, I was wondering what the drum is from, We have been mulling over the idea of sampling some of the qaurtz here in kelsey and want to build a ball mill also...yours is a great looking idea.

Hey kid... Great looking mill, I was wondering what the drum is from, We have been mulling over the idea of sampling some of the qaurtz here in kelsey and want to build a ball mill also...yours is a great looking idea.

Hi , South Fork

The drum is a piece of 12 inch inside diameter pipe with a 3/8 inch wall. The rest of the moving parts are an old reel power lawn mower. Take Care, Chuck

Looks like you had a Great pay day. Did you run that wet or dry? Also, what was the size of the matieral that went into your mill? I have thought about useing a small mortar mixer on a drywashing opperation to chush the clay balls.

Bunk

Hi ,Bunk

I run the mill dry. I have a small jaw crusher I run the rock through prior to putting it in the mill. Most rock is 1 inch to 1/4 inch.

I have an old friend that works an old high bar,he dries the clay during the summer then runs it in a cement mixer to break up the clay prior to putting it through a sluice box. Works pretty good.

Take Care, Chuck