Nugget Shooter Forums

Load bearing vest

SGTFDA

Being a old Swift boat gunner I did not know about a load bearing vest. I was at the flea market the other day and a guy had one for sale for $125. Found a bunch on ebay for $5. You guys with the older detectors this is great for packing that battery. I just added a pouch for the battery and added a D ring for the hip stick. Has several pouches. Bottled water fits in the top 2 and my GPS and radio in the other two. Takes all that battery weight off your ass.

post-384-070527900 1283560807_thumb.jpg

I use 12v for my 2000. A hunters vest is not going to work on my set up. The load bearing vest fits around your lower back. The vest is designed to carry weight in the field. You don't see our troups wearing hunting vests to carry weight. It also works great with the hip stick. I've tried it all and this is the first set up that I found is perfect for me. If the hunting vest works for you great. At least you won't get shot by accident. :inocent:

SGT,

Here is my recommendation for best load bearing pack system:

http://www.nimrodpacks.com/hunting-gear.html

I have used one of their packs for four or five years now and they are without peer.

They are made to last, they are ultra-comfortable and you can pick a configuration that suits your needs.

It takes a few minutes to look through their website and figure out the different

combinations that are possible, but it is time and money, should you buy one,

well spent.

I hope your move to Arizona is bringing you happiness and contentment

(and gold).

All the best,

Flak

Thanks Flak! The gold you find in the hills is the friends you make along the way. I guess I'm adjusting to the heat. 114 today and I was up on the roof in my swim suit and flip flops. The neighbors who never come out of the house think a nutball moved in. I think I insulted them by offering grass cutting lessons. Told them we don't have Mexicans where I come from so you do your own work. If you can't do it the neighbors pitch in.

I hope you are doing well and that we meet some day.

114 today and I was up on the roof in my swim suit and flip flops. The neighbors who never come out of the house think a nutball moved in. I think I insulted them by offering grass cutting lessons. Told them we don't have Mexicans where I come from so you do your own work.

Well thats a good way to get aclamated to the heat for sure............................

Good luck in the gold fields.

wonderer

SGTFDA

And my wife was asking last time I was home :nono: "what the hell you going to do with all your old Army Crap?" I told her it wasn't crap it was prospecting gear :brows: ..LOL I just hadn't found a use for all of it yet... Now I have another reason to keep it and piss her off :inocent: , just kidding..LOL Great Idea SGTFDA Thanks..I actually use a lot of my old stuff when I am out and about but new ideas never hurt.

Very Respectfully

RANGERMG

Tim