Nugget Shooter Forums

The #2 blues....

Nugget Shooter

Well gold has finally gotten high enough to perk my interest in drywashing again... Haven't had such thoughts in many years, but have been taking notes as to places where a feller should run one some day. Well with a gram of gold being worth about 40 bucks I got some places to try. Been a while since I was beat up by a #2 shovel, but it may be good for me :arrowheadsmiley:

One place I pulled a bunch of rough nuggets out of with several out of one bedrock crack a foot into the ground, I took a small sample and blew the dirt off to see quite allot of small rough bits and fine gold. Always have figure there to be a good amount of gold in this hole as well as in the wash itself.

Heck just out here at LSD there are spots a fellow can get a pennyweight a day or better I know about. We'll see how it goes but should be fun or at least give me a sore back :tisk-tisk:

You know, Bill, that's a good idea...Surprised me when we talked today to hear you're thinkin' the dry-wash thing again...I've still got that Keene 151 I swapped with you some ten years ago--actually that's how we met--Maybe I'll get the engine tuned up and get out with it...I've got some great areas in mind that have produced scads of nuggets...Must be some beau coup smaller bits there too...Cheers, Unc

Biil & Unc,

As you know I'm a late comer to metal detecting. I have had to much fun over the years hard rocking and drywashing. Now that the old back is somewhat patched up, I'm looking forward to digging in the dirt again. Howbeit, a #2 shovel is going to be a bit to big. I think I'll stay with my Ken & Barbie shovel plus my 2gal. buckets :ROFL: :ROFL:

Just remember, both of you are much older now and the backs are not what they use to be.

Bob

This tells me one thing. You guys cleaned out all the big gold and are now working on the little stuff. When you three are done there won't be a scrap left. I say more power to you. Good luck with the dry washing!

This tells me one thing. You guys cleaned out all the big gold and are now working on the little stuff. When you three are done there won't be a scrap left. I say more power to you. Good luck with the dry washing!

Well Frank I'll try and be nice and leave a few for you. When you come out in November, I'll see if we can find a good spot for you.

Bob