Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
frank c

Hottest I've Seen

Thermometer on my back porch (Facing WEST) hit 110 degrees this afternoon thats the hottest I've seen yet in 5 years.

That thermometer is in the shade of a 4x4 post YOWSA !!!!!

I had jennie the wonder dog come in to the A/C and snooze the day away.

post-562-046815600 1282698665_thumb.jpg

But Frank it's a dry heat. It's been a little hotter than that here. Went to go for a drive in my car and found the tires melted. Hell here comes a storm filling my pool with crap again. The pool is my wife's fault. She said it would keep me cool in the heat. Instead I'm sweating my butt off scooping bugs and palm seeds out each day as the flys suck the life from me. Oh for those hot humid days in SW Pa.

I know about that cleanin the pool routine after a wind storm. But we only had 1 so far here this summer previous years drove me nuts vacuuming the sand out of it.

Give things a good chance SGT. you'll love Arizona the seasons will change for the better and you'll truly enjoy it here.

Ya gotta lay low in the summer an suck up all the A/C you can. Then before you know it its gone..... the intense heat I mean.

I don't know about Scottsdale area but up here I have a Franklin fireplace in the garage and use it in the winter too when I'm putzin in my workshop for hours on end.

In Sacramento today it was 104 they said.

I honestly really love this hot weather, its great.

Of course I fix heating and air systems so ya I do like the heat.

The hotter the better , hehehe :thumbsupanim

Yep. It was pretty hot in Sac today. Jerico, you can have the heat. This summer has been great

and I can't remember the last time we had a summer like this. That Az heat is dry, but when it

gets up over 110 degrees, you can find me in the pool, whatever state it is. Take care.

Cheers,

Matt

Yep. It was pretty hot in Sac today. Jerico, you can have the heat. This summer has been great

and I can't remember the last time we had a summer like this. That Az heat is dry, but when it

gets up over 110 degrees, you can find me in the pool, whatever state it is. Take care.

Cheers,

Matt

Was hot today. I panned for a while but once I was sitting in full sun it was time to go indoors.

Unfortunetly it will be only high 80's-90's in NYC but the 70% humidity will be killing me.

:*&$*(: Redding calif at 3pm yesterday was the hottest day of the year at 110 also--actually cool for this time a year up where 115+++ is the norm. Hit my pool,sauna and jacuzzi to kill the day--tough life I tell ya-John :inocent:

Got to 113 here yesterday and humid.... Then the storms hit and we had a cell collapse right over Morristown. No power since last night at 6:00 at my house with 9 power poles down, but luckily it has been restored here at work. We may wait another 24 hours at my side of the grid and it is HOT at home. # trees down here at the park several cactus and trees down at my property along with a stripped roof. What a storm!

We have only had 1 rainstorm this summer so far here in my valley, I got out to a favorite spot the next day and got 1 nuggie that was brought out from the rain and was layin right on top of the bedrock all I had to do was look down when the detector went off an there she was.

We need more rain I'm tired of watering the trees an plants twice a week at least.

Frank

You should come over on my side of the hill in Bullhead City, it is 6:00 pm here and it is still 110 degrees. It was really hot here today, 118 at 2:00. Be glad when fall comes and I can get out and play in the desert. Enjoy your evening, going down to the river with the dog and go for a swim...AZ

And here I am sitting in Santa Monica, CA, and complaining of it beeing chilly in the mid to low 60's :)

I'll be back in the heat tomorrow night, though. Either way, I certainly wish I had time to get out and look for something but the grass is growing wild and my dog is already likely to bite me it's been so long since I was home.

:tisk-tisk: 112 yesterday but heat wave supposed to break but it never cooled off last night under 76 sooooooo up up and away we go-John :inocent: