Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold mining

south fork

Hi I'm new here but you already know that. placer mining is one of my hobbies. I'm new to metal detecting and have a whites GMT Gold master E series it seems to work great on bullets round balls and down to bird shot size lead but no gold. But we have a 2100 that we share. the first time out with the minelab SD 2100 and I found a 3 1/2 gram nugget in our back yard. I'm hooked Hangtown is one of my sons I think some of his luck rubbed off on me.

If your getting the birdshot with the GMT,the yellow will follow when you put the coil over it.When I had a GMT most of the sounds were a soft EH-A EHA.All my pieces were species.killer machine on quartz gold..Dave.

She finds all kinds of artifacts Like you said I just need to swing it over some Gold. I know its here after all like you were in the middle of the mother lode Here in Kelsey Ca.

I heard they might be reopening the Alhambra mine near you. Now, that would be a sweet place to detect!! If I remember right, they found some ridiculous pockets in there. Something like 15thousand oz in one pocket.

I heard they might be reopening the Alhambra mine near you. Now, that would be a sweet place to detect!! If I remember right, they found some ridiculous pockets in there. Something like 15thousand oz in one pocket.

I have a friend that worked in the Alhambra Tim's mines and told a story about pulling the drill stem back and the end was wrapped in Gold they found 360 0z or so in that pocket if I remember right