Nugget Shooter Forums

New Minelab Service Center

My new 4500 battery took a dump 3 weeks ago. I first called Trina in Las Vegas. She told me all service was now going through the new repair/service center and gave me Awot's (new service manager)direct phone number. Called him on day 1 and left a nice message, he did not return call. Called back on day 2 and left another message, no return call. Called him again on day 3 and left a rather blunt message. Guess he figured I was not going away and finally called back. His first question to me was how did I get his #. I told him Trina gave it to me. He then said " I usually don't take calls". WTF, he is the Service Manager...... He then passed me to Darin, the service tech. Darin, the service tech told me to send the battery in and he would immediately send out a new one. After being very very patient(over 2 weeks), I called Darin yesterday. He told me that he thought it was already sent out but would find out what is going on and call me back. As of today no return call so I tried calling the new service manager Awot... he never answers the phone and is very bad at returning calls from messages on his voice mail... just like the old service manager. Now I called Darin to find out what is up and why he did not return my call. Darin said Awot was supposed to return my call yesterday.... He transferred me to Awot. All Awot could tell me was Gloria (don't know who she is) was sick and he could not get any info about my battery.

No repairs were needed so this should have been a very simple swap out. No one at the new service center seems to know what is going on at all. Awot the service manager does not even know his employees duties. As a service manager he should be very familiar with each and every process that he manages. I asked him why he couldn't just get a battery and ship it to me...... no answer accept that Gloria was out sick and it will be looked into when she returns. Hell, I get better service from my beer distributor and only buy a keg every other month from him. Minelab USA has learned nothing about proper customer service. Considering new 4800 and 5000's will be out soon, I would be very cautious about getting a new one... remember the recall on the new 4500's? If that happens with the new detectors I pity the owners having to deal with Awot.....

Minelab Service, get your head out of your a$$ and get this right. American Customers deserve real Customer Service.

Steve, that's not good to hear at all. My original 4500 batt died, ordered a new one from a Minelab distributor; I went to speakers and after only a couple of times out, headphones would work but not speakers. (Amplifier went bad?) It was sent in twice before I got a replacement.

I've seen good results from each new model that I've upgraded to, BUT! MinelabLV service dept really sucks and has gone down hill in the last year and a half; and before I'd pluck down $5500+ for a new one, I want to hear how Minelab 'has solved the service problems'!

I realize my problem has been unique. My 4500 worked fine for 2 years and then had to go in for 3 'repairs'. After the last one and still not right, it went to AU for repair. That's when I found out(after it was in the mail)according to warranty sheet (my name and address on it and a different serial#) on it, I didn't get my #892 back! but someone elses! You buy something new, you know how you've treated it, it's history and it's querks. Have I contacted MinelabLV about this problem yet? no. When I get the detector back from AU, I'll double check the serial# and b---h then, and probably to uncaring ears.

I know the different dealers read the other's forums and have seen posts on the problems w/ service in LV. Don't know if that knowledge of a problem goes anywhere, but it should. Wish I could be at that Grand Appearance of the newest Minelab detector- the 5000! in LV; maybe someone there would listen. Naw

Most people, I realize have had no problems with their detectors and that's great! I own a Chevy diesel and have had one minor glitch in the computer in 4 years, but have read on the diesel forums of problems that can exist. I'm happy as hell for me, but I do feel their pain.

This is too long and enough said-

Shep

To be fair to AWOT: he did leave a voice mail yesterday that I would be getting a new battery overnight. Yeah right! Well just a few minutes ago UPS brought me the new battery. Guess he figures out how to do his job even if someone is out sick. Thanks you mine lab. BUT If i was not proactive and kind of the squeaky wheel, who knows how long it would have taken them? ? ? ?

Well I have had call in to Ena V. who is the marketing director for over a week and still no call back, This last Monday I put a call in to Gloria who is inside sales-west and still no call back. The new phone list that dealers got in June does not work. Neither office phones or cell phones are being answered, leave a message and it gopes unanswered at this point. I have call at leat 8 numbers on the list and nothing. I guess this is all part of there new organizational plan?????

Allen in MT

Well I have had call in to Ena V. who is the marketing director for over a week and still no call back, This last Monday I put a call in to Gloria who is inside sales-west and still no call back. The new phone list that dealers got in June does not work. Neither office phones or cell phones are being answered, leave a message and it gopes unanswered at this point. I have call at leat 8 numbers on the list and nothing. I guess this is all part of there new organizational plan?????

Allen in MT

Who is your Rep? Scott always calls me back and answers most times. I do all my dealings with him and rarely call the main office..