Nugget Shooter Forums

Ismael Jones VCO mod

SGTFDA

Now that I'm getting settled in somewhat I decided to test the new VCO mod on my 2000GPM. I had my buddy Ismael add the mod and have not had a chance to try it out. The VCO mod is a frequency adjustment that has a high and a low setting. High 2.8 to 3.2 and low .9 to 1.3 that is adjustable. The unit also has a 6 postion fixed frequency adjustment. 1.9, 2.07, 2.4, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0

On the VCO the .9 frequency is super low. For the big deep stuff with a large coil.

I placed a 6" coiltek mono on the unit to try out the VCO. With the fixed frequency I would use 4.0 for that small a coil. What I did not expect was the VCO at about 3.0 the detector was as smooth as glass.

I can say Ismael knows his stuff. I know I'm odd using a 2000 but that unit is a can do on big deep and small targets with Ismael's mods.

SGTFDA,

Uncle Ron still kicks a*s with his older machine (Baboo)......I'm sure your modified machine will do well here in AZ, or is that SW Pennsylvania as you still have listed as your area on your avitar :inocent: .

Good luck..............wonderer