Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bunk

Gold Basin in Oct.

After a long hot summer, FrankC and I thought it would cool to go prospecting at GB. Want to go? This is not a formal event with no planed activities. All are welcome you just need to plan for your own needs, camping, food, etc. This would be 10/29 through 10/31 but some of us will be there all week. Several clubs hold claims in the area and it would be up to you to know the status of the land that you are prospecting on. I know of several multi ounce nuggets that have come from the area over the last few years. You will find the most up to date info here.

http://www.bunk-n-teri.com

The weather should be great with mild days and cool nights.

Bunk

After a long hot summer, FrankC and I thought it would cool to go prospecting at GB. Want to go? This is not a formal event with no planed activities. All are welcome you just need to plan for your own needs, camping, food, etc. This would be 10/29 through 10/31 but some of us will be there all week. Several clubs hold claims in the area and it would be up to you to know the status of the land that you are prospecting on. I know of several multi ounce nuggets that have come from the area over the last few years. You will find the most up to date info here.

http://www.bunk-n-teri.com

The weather should be great with mild days and cool nights.

Bunk

ispend most weekend out in gold basin prospecting/ not much this month as its too hot.

i am a member of gold searchers of southern nevada which has claims there. the club has a web site. goldsearcher.com if youd like to check us out. Gold prospectors association America /arizona chapter has claims there also. mohave prospectors association has a web site and claims there too. most of the land surrounding the claims is privately owned/ up into the mountains farther may be different but i havent the maps yet and im new to the area i have only been prospecting for about 3 months.

when im working sluicing or drywashing visitors and people are welcome to come up and see how im getting on. people interested in starting prospecting it gives then an idea what they need to get started and those big nuggets have eluded me so far i have got a 1 gramme nugget some small pickers and fine gold. i have saved your new site to favourites it has got too late to lok at it tonight but tomorrow evening i will have a look. any questions or want to organise a club meeting that weekend so that newbies can work on club claims and not have to worry about being on private land, most of the clubs have between $40 to $60 annual membership to be a member and prospect on club lands. starting in the cooler weather the clubs hold weekend outings to prospect meet new people/ have metal detector /panning contests etc.

i havent read your site but if you are setting up a club id love to join up, so far my experience if i adverage a gramme of gold a day thats a good day, its like fishing its eats up cash/ its fun/ its exciting seing colour and its addictive lol. feel free to e mail me at silvervortek2000@yahoo.com