Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bunk

Drywashing

Who all here uses one of Frank C's drywashers? Thanks,

Bunk

Who all here uses one of Frank C's drywashers? Thanks,

Bunk

I have purshased one but thanks to cal I will not be using it for some time.

Maybe next year. Shrug.

I have one of Frank's Ol Yellers and one of his small/backpack prospecting dry washers. Love them both. I tend to classify everything going into Ol Yeller down to 3/8". It can handle everything I can toss at it very well. Catches everything from fines to picker. Even a couple small nuggets. I was using a medium gold buddy,...but it's collecting dust now. It will last at least 10 hrs on a small 12 volt tractor battery and I love the sound of a puffer over the leaf blower!!!!!!

Frank builds an excellent product,....I have no hesitation about recommending one.

Randy

would it be possible you couldpost a photo of old yeller or Frank Cs drywasher.

i have seen the puffer battery operated drywasher made by the president of the mohave gold club and i have seen them work they seem an awsome little drywasher/puffer and if the gold is there it gets it. i have a keane 151 and its a fine machine when your on the gold but for walking up and down washes looking for areas to prospect it is a might akward to get around and everywhere i park with the truck has been turned over several times. a small machine that one could carry along with a shovel would be mighty.

A machine that folds/collapses in one piece ready to carry with one arm. a small battery even sealed type on some kind of shoulder sling/ maybe back pack/ bag to put fines in[ big chunks of colour lol] and in the other hand a shovel.

i have a ton of ideas i will post some of these ideas seperately.

i am barely a novice at the dry washing and im getting a little colour when i hit tiny pockets of it where one can find un churned up ground. they say you loose a lot of gold with the 151 but running tailings a second time i wasnt getting anything worth while.

with the 151 i find that if the wind turns and dust gets blown towards the engine the dust seems to block the air flow in the material on the bottom of the dry washer sluice and i often have to empty it and give it a few wallops to knock fine dust out of the material.

Also i found at times when the air is reduced going through the sluice part the oscillating fan that vibrates the tray slows down and the tray vibrates poorly. lately i have been running the keane 151 with the stopper plug off the bottom tray part and it seems to help the oscillating fan go faster and vibrate the tray better.

the other issue i have is that the 4 inch pipe is old and is very rigid and doesent bend well causing the tray to stay off level causing dirt to flow heavier on one side of the tray. im going to see if i can get some new pipe, at work on the table saw dust extraction system it has lovely 4 inch flexible pipe that bends a lot easier and its strong. i have seen prices on line and its up to $40 a foot. any one have any ideas or tips.

thanks Greg i have saved that link to favourites. it sure looks like a fine machine and would be great for checking out new areas. i still owe the gentleman money on a keane 151 drywasher and whites tdi metal detector, when i get him sorted out i have to get a new genny, something that could run a small window air conditioner.acheap rv/ atv. so i will have to find some good colour.

Silvervortek, here they are setup and folded. Full sized weights 20 pounds and the "Little Guy" 7 Lbs.

post-562-022470300 1282306308_thumb.jpg

post-562-029769600 1282306367_thumb.jpg

post-562-024413100 1282306414_thumb.jpg

post-562-024091300 1282306478_thumb.jpg

Silvervortek, here they are setup and folded. Full sized weights 20 pounds and the "Little Guy" 7 Lbs.

thats a mighty dry washer folds up great to walk around with an d carry. do you make them with the small electric motor to drive bellows. thanks for posting pictures. i often meet new prospectors out on section 28 and hopefully i can steer them your way. eventually i would love to get one for my self.

Like last weekend i went to a spot and dry washed got few small pickers, nice catch for 2 hours that was last weekend so this weekend i was full of anticipation and i dug and dry washed just a coulple of flakes of fine gold/ not worth the effort.

i packed up truck and moved to a different spot and got a little gold. i guess thats prospecting.

The full sized one has a 12 volt motor nestled on the other side in the picture it will run off any size 12 volt batt.

The little guy is hand powered, designing a 12 volt power system on it would defeat the purpose of it being so portable and self-contained.

Fold it up put a bungee cord around it and move on, thats the way its designed lightweight and quickly portable.

post-562-042547500 1282561527_thumb.jpg

The full sized one has a 12 volt motor nestled on the other side in the picture it will run off any size 12 volt batt.

The little guy is hand powered, designing a 12 volt power system on it would defeat the purpose of it being so portable and self-contained.

Fold it up put a bungee cord around it and move on, thats the way its designed lightweight and quickly portable.

that full sized old yeller still looks very portable, a lot easier than lugging a keane 151 around.

that machine is very well put together and has 5 riffles to catch the gold.

Again thanks for posting pictures and hope fully in the next few months i will be in a position to get one.

that full sized old yeller still looks very portable, a lot easier than lugging a keane 151 around.

that machine is very well put together and has 5 riffles to catch the gold.

Again thanks for posting pictures and hope fully in the next few months i will be in a position to get one.

At 20 lbs it is far lighter than the trojan 12 volt battery I've got. I might have to find a 8 amp hr battery to use with it next trip out to ca.

At 20 lbs it is far lighter than the trojan 12 volt battery I've got. I might have to find a 8 amp hr battery to use with it next trip out to ca.

Jim go to Wallysworld and get the $19.00 lawn tractor battery much lighter a little smaller and does the job.