Nugget Shooter Forums

Vacation is a bust TY california...

I've come to the decision that 5 days into my vacation . It is officially over. I'm broke. My rv is still Not smogged. Ca smog is a joke having had it tested 3 times now 1 a pretest that said it would pass and 2 test only tests that said it fails.

Each with totally different results.

I have a nice new solar panel..uninstalled that will be unused. A new drywasher unused and in 23 days I get to go back to my MOM whom has alzheimers and enough deminisa to be considered totally crazy.

I give up.....

Went to the dr. today and she was worried that my bp was up... well duh.......

Get a clue....Life sure sucks.

I've never caught a break....and personally If taking all my pills at once was painleass I'd be there but thats the problem suicide is NOT painless.

Hey Jim! I thought seriously about offing myself at one time, and you are right - it's not painless - especially for the people in your life. PM me if you want to talk, and give me your number. Things WILL get better! - Terry

I've come to the decision that 5 days into my vacation . It is officially over. I'm broke. My rv is still Not smogged. Ca smog is a joke having had it tested 3 times now 1 a pretest that said it would pass and 2 test only tests that said it fails.

Each with totally different results.

I have a nice new solar panel..uninstalled that will be unused. A new drywasher unused and in 23 days I get to go back to my MOM whom has alzheimers and enough deminisa to be considered totally crazy.

I give up.....

Went to the dr. today and she was worried that my bp was up... well duh.......

Get a clue....Life sure sucks.

I've never caught a break....and personally If taking all my pills at once was painleass I'd be there but thats the problem suicide is NOT painless.

JIM, JIM, Take it easy and think about it a little, your 1st problem is your'e spending your time on vacation in "SCREW-YA-TO-THE-BONENIA" (CALIFORNIA).

Give it a little more thought .....in a few more years when things get even worse for that state their going to start smog testing yer farts,.....YEAH you heard me right. NOW THAT MEANS you're going to have to DRASTICALLY CHANGE your everyday DIET or you won't pass the SMOG FART TEST. That means NO EGGS,BEANS, AVOCADOS,ETC.

Think about it , WHY would anybody in their RIGHT MIND want to bring their vehicle to have it TESTED FOR SMOG IN CALIFORNIA ????? CALIFORNIA IS ONE OF THE SMOGGIEST PLACES THERE ARE. WHEN YOU DRIVE TO CA. FROM ANOTHER STATE YOU CAN LITERALLY SEE THE SMOG AHEAD OF YOU. HELL THEY HAVE SO MUCH SMOG THERE THEY SEND THE EXCESS TO ARIZONA AND WE CAN'T EVEN CHARGE THEM TO DO IT THEY GET AWAY WITH SENDING IT HERE FOR FREE, PERSONALLY I THINK "THAT STINKS BAD" BUT THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.

NOW REALIZE I HAVE LIVED IN SMOG-A-FORNIA A FEW DIFFERENT TIMES IN MY LIFE AND FINALLY I BECAME SO DISGUSTED WITH THEIR WAYS OF DOING THINGS THAT I SAID " F@#& IT" I'M NOT PAYING FOR THEIR SMOG TEST CRAP OR DEALIN WITH ANY MORE OF THEIR SILLY LAWS RULES AND REGULATIONS, EVERY TIME YOU TURN AROUND IT COST YOU FOR ONE STUPID TAX OR ANOTHER. AND BESIDES THEY HAVE PLENTY OF THEIR OWN DAMM SMOG WHY SHOULD I GIVE THEM ANY OF MINE AND HAVE TO PAY THEM TO TAKE IT?????? THEY DON'T PAY ANYONE ELSE TO HAVE TO BREATH IT OR PAY ANY ONE ELSE TO TAKE IT LIKE EVERY DAY WHEN IT BLOWS INTO ARIZONA THRU THE INTERSTATE 10 CORRIDOR.

AND BESIDES THAT YOU DIDN'T BUILD THE VEHICLE YOU OWN A MANUFACTURER DID BUT SMOG=A=FORNIA MAKES YOU PAY ALL THE TIME FOR A SMOG TEST. YOU DON'T MAKE THE VEHICLE "SMOG" THE MANUFACTURER DID.

PLAN YER NEXT VACATION IN AN ENJOYABLE ENVIORMENT AND COME TO "ARIZONA" THE NEW 'AMERICA"

SMOG=A=FORNIA IS ONE BIG RIP=OFF. PERIOD.........................................................................................................................

Jim, go ahead and vent brother....we are here and we have been through similar experiences on trips. California is one messed up state.....Please PM me about your solar issue, I have some experience and would like to hear what you are doing with it.

Tomorrow is another day.......Love your mom while you have her, mine died very young.

:olddude: Jim, Jus' relax and chill. I spent 12 years watching my folks decline into insanity,suicide and death and I can attest to it's no darn picnic BUT. Your Mom didn't throw in the towel and drown your crapping,squalling teething arse as a child and time for a buck up and payback time. NO TIME to abandom the most important person in your life. :shrug: to get this far in life you already been through some pretty horrendous garbage and this is just another speed bump. You will vacation later and there will always be gold just a waiting for you when the time is right. BEST thing in the world is venting as you've done to release all that pent up stress,tension and exasperation. As you have instantly seen here there are plenty of folks to lend a helping hand,a word of wisdom and a shoulder to cry on when needed. :grr01: miserably hard yes but you CAN do it and come through these tough times and be golden again :D tons a au 2 u 2-John

Some cool people on this forum... Everyone has issues from time to time and people here step up and reply and offer help. I've lived in Ca my whole life and in my adult years I know it can be a pain in the ass. But it's just a pain in the ass. Let out a good "left cheek sneak" in the name of California and chalk it up for that. :)

Some cool people on this forum... Everyone has issues from time to time and people here step up and reply and offer help. I've lived in Ca my whole life and in my adult years I know it can be a pain in the ass. But it's just a pain in the ass. Let out a good "left cheek sneak" in the name of California and chalk it up for that. :)

I'm alive..stuck in my ex's house.

Tomorrow I am going to taake the rv to have it diagnosed at a gold seal station. 1 of the 2 in this darn valley.

Hopefully it will not cost too much....

I'm pretty much broke now.

Jim,

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. Hang in there brother.

Paul

Jim,

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. Hang in there brother.

Paul

went to another so called GOLD Shield station... But they say my little 8900 lb rv is too big to do on their dyno....

Yet they are allowed to adverytise they do all vehicals... GO figure....

Hey... go have fun on your vacation... you might and might not get a ticket, deal with it later!

went to another so called GOLD Shield station... But they say my little 8900 lb rv is too big to do on their dyno....

Yet they are allowed to adverytise they do all vehicals... GO figure....

Jim,

Most of us who live in California understand what your going through. I personally would finish enjoying a vacation, smog check or not.

It's got to be better than being cooped up in the EX's house.

Bob

Jim,

Most of us who live in California understand what your going through. I personally would finish enjoying a vacation, smog check or not.

It's got to be better than being cooped up in the EX's house.

Bob

The rv has been put back into stofage indefinatly.

I'm still real close to filling it up with the most flamable noxius stuff and driving it and setting it ablaze at dmv.

what is the cost of the ticket if you get caught? is it more or less then what its costing to get approval. If its not that much different, I would have to agree with 29 prospector and el dorado. I think everyone would be in agreement here. If a vacation is what you NEED to clear your head and enjoy yourself, then the possibiliy of a ticket is really a small price to pay to save your sanity and be happy even if for a short time. Just my thoughts. And I know we dont know each other, but trust me your are NOT alone. Hard times are very common for alot of good people right now!

In Arizona, they take the vehicle to a mechanic have them lean out the carb or mix to the point it will just run.

Go get the test then back to the mechanic to have it put back the way it was.

Homefire, thats if you live in an area that has SMOG FART TESTS. We dont have them up here in the N.W. corner. And we don't have to screw around with clocks twice a year either. AAANNDD there aint many people per square mile here either. :unsure:

While there are a few things I don't like in this state, I still enjoy the experience.

Living full time in a diesel motorhome, which doesn't need to be smog tested, has it's challenges

and challenges the logic of smog tests, but I'll take what I can get.

This has been the best year we have had in RE, yet the motorhome is

a sign of the times we have seen in RE. It took me 2 years to get my car registered

in this state, because it was a special construction I had to be at the

DMV the first day of the year to get one of 500 slots for the year. Something no

other state does, yet I found Iowa's requirement to have a bumper on it

equally frustrating.

There are many experiences I have had here and people I've met that have

enriched my life. There was a head on accident I could of done without.

I think I am ready for Nevada's experiences now.

If you haven't already, you might try putting a bottle of seafoam in the rv and running it for 15 minutes (until the smoke out of the exhaust pipe stops), then go down to the emissions place, works for me almost every time I fail, burns out all the deposits causing emissions. I just usually only need to put it in the gas tank, you can also put it in the oil tank, but be sure to get an oil change after running for 15 minutes or so.

http://www.scooterworks.com/Sea-Foam-Fuel-Additive-P3830.aspx

I know what you mean about hard times as far as vehicles are concerned, I have an suv that needs to have the entire engine replaced, I finally own the vehicle so I don't have to make payments on it anymore, but it will be around 2-3k to repair. I had an invitation to visit a guy's summer mining operation in Montana (no one on the forums), but will have to pay for the vehicle repairs instead. The timing of the repairs pretty much ruins my getting to most any back country not on very well made gravel roads this summer.

Here's a story I like to share about tough times and survival, maybe you will get something out of it too:

"In 1982 Steven Callahan was crossing the Atlantic alone in his sailboat when it struck something and sank. He was out of the shipping lanes and floating in a life raft, alone. His supplies were few. His chances were small. Yet when three fishermen found him seventy-six days later (the longest anyone has survived a shipwreck on a life raft alone), he was alive -- much skinnier than he was when he started, but alive.

His account of how he survived is fascinating. His ingenuity -- how he managed to catch fish, how he fixed his solar still to evaporate sea water to make it fresh -- is...very interesting.

But the thing that caught my eye was how he managed to keep himself going when all hope seemed lost, when there seemed no point in continuing the struggle, when he was suffering greatly, when his life raft was punctured and after more than a week struggling with his weak body to fix it, it was still leaking air and wearing him out to keep pumping it up. He was starved. He was desperately dehydrated. He was thoroughly exhausted. Giving up would have seemed the only sane option.

When people survive these kinds of circumstances, they do something with their minds that gives them the courage to keep going. Many people in similarly desperate circumstances give in or go mad…Something the survivors do with their thoughts helps them find the guts to carry on in spite of overwhelming odds.

‘I tell myself I can handle it,’ wrote Callahan in his narrative. ‘Compared to what others have been through, I'm fortunate. I tell myself these things over and over, building up fortitude....’

I wrote that down after I read it. It struck me as something important. And I've told myself the same thing when my own goals seemed far off or when my problems seemed too overwhelming. And every time I've said it, I have always come back to my senses.

The truth is, our circumstances are only bad compared to something better. But others have been through much worse. I've read enough history to know you and I are lucky to be where we are, when we are, no matter how bad it seems to us compared to our fantasies. It's a sane thought and worth thinking.

So here, coming to us from the extreme edge of survival, are words that can give us strength. Whatever you're going through, tell yourself you can handle it. Compared to what others have been through, you're fortunate. Tell this to yourself over and over, and it will help you get through the rough spots with a little more fortitude".