Nugget Shooter Forums

Border News

As many of us Prospect the desert and lonely places, I have always maintained that the illegal immigration issue and the Drug cartel issue, is a major danger to us. This thread will be dedicated to facts about

Drug cartel activities in our areas of interest.

Illegal immigrant and Drug running corridors in relation to prime prospecting spots and areas of interest.

Area closures

News items w/links that may be applicable to the dangerous issue affecting the entire border region.

This is not a Political thread and I will be asking Skip to remove any Political posts, so they do not get off topic. I am currently involved with the Border Patrol here locally in southern Arizona and 7 southern Arizona Police and Sheriffs Dept's. 2 New Mexican Sheriffs Dept's. 1 California Sheriffs Dept. and 0 Texas (still trying).

I appreciate those of you that do not live in these states or think that these issues do not affect you or your Prospecting. I would ask that you respect that it does affect many of us.

But if you think it doesnt affect you, how about the Nun that was killed by an illegal immigrant that had been released by ICE, even after he already had 2 prior drunk driving arrests?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/aug/2/illegal-immigrant-killed-nun-released-by-feds/?page=1

This happened this last Sunday morning.

Thank you in advance for your support and if you wish to comment or send me information that I can verify, please message me for my email address.

Over the last two-years, the very real danger south of Arivaca, has caused the complete closure of our business down there, and the loss of over $100,000.00 to our company, helicopter pilots,Tucson CAGAPI, and local lodging providers, restaurants and other retailers our guests frequent. You can see our press release here: http://www.arizonagoldadventures.com/id18.html :aw-shucks: Terry

It was announced today that once again Sheriff Arpaio has been threatened. Its not the first time, but the concerns at this point is that the text from an international phone number, is spreading like wildfire. Proof of 2 things:

Joe is doing his job and that the Cartels will stop at nothing. They will reach into our country when they need to.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/immigration/mexican-drug-cartel-sheriff-arpaio-07292010

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/02/mexican-drug-cartel-allegedly-puts-price-arizona-sheriffs-head/

I am sure that Sheriff Joe will be well protected, but please remember that the Nogales Sonora Police Chief was killed less than 3 miles from the border in March of this year.

http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=12214114

Have you taken your meds HPS? I love ya man, but you have to get a grip. Bunk and Skip both have been pretty darn good moderators. And you have been good too. Relatively speaking of course. So take it easy on the mods. It isnt their fault were a bunch of combative water buffalo.

:*&$*(: spent a half hour on YAHOO article on this subject this morning--STAY DA ll OUTTA MEXICO--my friends(2) have homes there but they won't even go see anymore due to Baja violence-used to party in Mexico quite frequently BUT new laws in Mex say ALL DRUGS LEGAL NOW and the devil takes the hindmost-John :stupidrb:

Yeah, things are really quiet down there now. In July there were over 1200 deaths and 85 in one day...the 14th I beleive.

So little murder and mayhem in Jaurez now it is hardly worth talking about. I really think Obamas National Guard surge is working already!

Maybe it is Rick Perry that scared them by giving a half million dollars to the Susana Martinez for Governor campaign in New Mexico? That spineless worm is afraid of making a stand on border issues lest he be called a racist. He bought himself a latino Republican so he would have a friend on the border without having to associate with Jan. Maybe once it is politically safe he will come out from under his bed and do SOMETHING.

• 2 weeks later...

This week you don't want to be detecting along the Rio Grand around El-Pa so.

Bullets are hitting the Uni Buildings flying across the river.

Seems the Bad and the Badder boys are at war.

Bullets are coming down any place around 1 to 2 miles from the River Cars have been hit, houses, buildings. No reports of People yet.

No More old Parks for me!

Seems there was a few Heads found down in Polomos, 30 miles from here in a local park by a Priest.

There are more people killed within 100 mile from here then the Afghan, Quate war..

People are spilling into the US trying to get away from the War.

These are not Migrant workers, but people trying to stay Alive.

What to hell are we going to do?

One of my favorite hunting spots now has a new sign at all the roads in warning of drug trafficking and human smuggling telling you to enter at your own risk? Many of the washes now filled with clothes, backpacks, etc. This area is many miles from the border....

Likely will get much worse before anything gets done if ever. :angry-smiley-010[1]:

• 1 month later...

keep this thread going guys. It is good to hear what people who are actually living there are saying and not the news media.thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Neither do those north of the Rio Grande.

Sight seeing in Mexico is as tacky as wearing a fur coat to a PETA convention.

Our side of the border is the only place that is not closely guarded. I guarantee that not even air gets across the border from the Mexican side without paying the cartels a quota. If our government would secure the border on our side as well as the cartels have secured it on theirs there would be zero problem.

One of my favorite hunting spots now has a new sign at all the roads in warning of drug trafficking and human smuggling telling you to enter at your own risk? Many of the washes now filled with clothes, backpacks, etc. This area is many miles from the border....

Likely will get much worse before anything gets done if ever. :angry-smiley-010[1]:

Bill,I won;t hunt the WSPA claim south of Arivaca again this year Because of the problems in that area.

Harry

Bill,I won;t hunt the WSPA claim south of Arivaca again this year Because of the problems in that area.

Harry

Yeah Harry,

I have several areas I will not currently hunt alone to my South and the washes are filled with crap dumped by these people. I have never seen anything like it :*&$*(:

Border-Trash-AZ.jpg

Bill, I've seen washes near Arivaca whera the backpacks and trash are a couple feet deep.

Garimpo,The border patroll should make the illeagals crean up the washes and take it all back to mexico when they are deported.

Or maybe they should burn it all and let them haul the ashes back then they won;t be wearing it again when they return to the cleaned up washes.:twocents:

Harry

Good God! That photo is the proof someone is not doing there job! Hell, they should move the Border Patrol Check point off of I-10 and put it there, Eaaaa?

Good God! That photo is the proof someone is not doing there job! Hell, they should move the Border Patrol Check point off of I-10 and put it there, Eaaaa?

Homefire,I can show you a dozen or more places that look like that or worse near the town of Arivaca.

Harry

Thanks for posting the pictures Harry, some how I lost all of the ones I took on the outing, I have been back several times since then but mostly on the RR claims N of the highway. I come back to the R/V park and spend the night.

Max

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the pictures Harry, some how I lost all of the ones I took on the outing, I have been back several times since then but mostly on the RR claims N of the highway. I come back to the R/V park and spend the night.

Max

Went to a couple GPAA claims south of Sierra Vista and realized real quick that I didn't feel safe backpacks with water and garbage bags? were found along with the warning signs by the government.