Nugget Shooter Forums

Miners shack update

Made it back up to the cabin a couple of times. Insulation is in. Got 2 walls done in the 6" pine tongue and groove, has been wired for a generator. Just set the counter top and set the cook stove in. Bought a couple cabinets at a yard sale. It's a slow process. Going to have to take some time and start detecting. It can't be ALL work and no play :yuk-yuk:

Allen in MT

post-227-128083728161_thumb.jpg

post-227-128083734244_thumb.jpg

:thumbsupanim Looks like heaven to me. Just put in a bid on a similiar shack on 80 acres of creek-fingers crossed as need a place to demo dredges now. By the by-folks are still drooling over that great ring I bought from ya,lookn' for some better diamonds,mo' bigger,better clarity YAHOO-John :thumbsupanim

Allen, imagine if you can 100 or 150 years from now as an adventurer wanders their way thru the area and comes to what is or will be left of this structure and starts to wonder about the people who lived there years before. Like we do now when comming upon old remnants of buildings.

You need to plant a geocache on the building somewhere a metal can with momentos of our times so someday someone will uncover it and see the past as it was for you.

P.S. Real neat cabin you're making there.

Allen, imagine if you can 100 or 150 years from now as an adventurer wanders their way thru the area and comes to what is or will be left of this structure and starts to wonder about the people who lived there years before. Like we do now when comming upon old remnants of buildings.

You need to plant a geocache on the building somewhere a metal can with momentos of our times so someday someone will uncover it and see the past as it was for you.

P.S. Real neat cabin you're making there.

Frank:

Funny you should say that, just up hill from me about 30' is an old miners cabin (whats left of it) that was dug into the side of the hill and has a couple of logs left in the walls yet. I plan on cleaning out the inside of it at some point to see if he might have dropped or left something behind. I have found a number of old rusted cans, but have not explored enough yet to determine the actual dump site. Will try and get a pic or 2 of it the next time.

Allen in MT