Nugget Shooter Forums

A prayer please

Au Seeker

I know this is sort of unusual, but I would like to ask for a few prayers for my dog Teddy Bear, she is a Chow mixed, yellow to gold in color, about 40 lbs.

She got out of our fenced in yard today and went into the neighbor's yard where she was attacked by 3-60 to 70 lbs Pit Bulls, and they torn her up pretty bad and it is unknown how long they were attacking her before my neighbor's wife went out to investigate, she is at the Vet, and we will not know if she will make it or not at this point, it is a wait and see at this point, she may have suffered heat stroke as well.

How she got out of the yard is known, but I don't want to think about it at this time, but my mother in law was involved but she is in denial at this point. :*&$*(:

Skip

Aloha Skip,

A prayer from me and the Sisters of Social Services in Encino, Ca. goes out to Teddy Bear. Mans best friend and probably the only animal that gives unconditional love all the time deserves the best. Heres hoping all turns out well for you and T.B.sad26.gif

Aloha and god Bless.

Stan aka Ka'imi

Thanks everyone!!

Teddy Bear is home right now with some stitches to her minor wounds, her major wounds to her front legs will be allowed to drain tonight they were full of dirt, lots of tissue damage and needs to be cleaned again later to night with saline and she will be hopefully put under anesthesia and stitched up in the morning.

We elected to bring her home instead of leaving her at the vet for tonight so she would be in familiar surroundings, it seems to have comfort her greatly, she is laying on a makeshift stretcher at my feet as I type this wagging her tail when I look at her or talk to her, she can't get up and she is restless as a result.

She is a very tough girl, as we seemed to have pieced together that she was under attack for at least 30 minutes if not longer :*&$*(: she being part Chow and having a thick coat was to her advantage.

She is not out of the woods at this time, but she has a fighter's heart when she's down, the vet has suggested that we put her down :whaaaa: , IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN, unless we think she is suffering pointlessly, the next few days will tell.

Thank you all for your support and prayers!!! :thumbsupanim

Skip

Wow, man. Just read this and it made me think of my own dog and what I'd do if that ever happened to him (it involves a trip to walmart for a few boxes of brass)

I wish her the fastest and fullest recovery and that the pain subsides quicker than she can remember it.

I hope, also, that your MIL realizes what can happen in the blink of an eye and that she learns from this.

Finally, I hope that you can find it in you to forgive her. She is your wife's mother and, as a human, is prone to flaws and mistakes... with a few transgressions thrown in. nono2.gif

I hope, also, that your MIL realizes what can happen in the blink of an eye and that she learns from this.

Finally, I hope that you can find it in you to forgive her. She is your wife's mother and, as a human, is prone to flaws and mistakes... with a few transgressions thrown in. nono2.gif

Glenn,

Thanks for your well wishes for Teddy Bear!

I will have no trouble doing so, my wife on the other hand will have trouble doing that, she and her mother do not get along at all, her mother lives with us because of my insistences that it is the best place for her to be, I believe that seniors should be with family if at all possible.

Skip

I just did not add to this post cause words would not come.. Our dogs are family members and when they suffer it hurts big time. Lots of loving care is a powerful medicine

Skip most of my adult life I had a "bird dog"...their intelligent..

tough as nails...and devoted to a fault...they sustain many

injuries and my great vet always told me that a dog in distress

can benefit from the same pain pills that we adults use...like

Aspirin....just cut the amount in half...and a scratch behind the

ears always help too....

Added a prayer too, sounds horrible, but I hope she pulls through

Hi Glen

You and Teddy Bear have my positive thoughts for a quick

recovery for both of you. I know how tough a situation

like yours can be.

Hang in There

Herb

Thanks everyone it is much appreciated!!! :thumbsupanim

UPDATE.

Well there is good news and not so good news, the vet still hasn't stitched up her major wounds he wants to wait a little longer, there is so much debris and dirt in the wounds and he wants them to drain as much out before closing them, it is a wait and see kind of thing, the worst part about her wound to her right leg is that there was a lot of blood veins severed or punctured, there is also a lot of nerve damage to her leg but the nerve wasn't completely severed, he is hopeful that the nerve will regenerate, but has warned us that it may not, it is possible that if her right front leg doesn't get better she may lose it, that the real bad, she has a lot of other very bad looking wounds but it is all muscle/tissue, skin damage that will heal itself with not to much problems.

The good is that she spent the day at the vet yesterday and they removed all bandages and left them off for the day and several times they gently cleaned her wounds with saline to try and get some of the trash out of them, they got her to stand for awhile and they let her drink some water while she was standing, she later blew away the Vet and the staff by dragging herself out of her crate and then stood up and hobble over to get more water, the vet said he has never seen a dog with that much damage get up and walk after such a short time, he further commented that she was "one tough cookie" she did this several more times during the day.

The Vet and the vet's assistant that took care of Teddy Bear says that she is playing on our emotions because the assistant as he was cleaning her wounds would lift her front legs to get to the damage in her right arm pit and she wouldn't moan or whine in pain, but as soon as Cathy my wife got there and Teddy Bear saw her she started whining and moaned sorrowfully when Cathy went over and petted her and acted like she couldn't lift her head, but her tail was going to beat the band, Cathy later went out in the waiting room, where you can see through large windows into the areas where they do exams and most non-operating type procedures and watch Teddy Bear get up and hobble over for more water, later when Cathy walked back into the area teddy Bear was standing and when she saw Cathy she slumped to the floor trying to get that ATTENTION, :yuk-yuk: :yuk-yuk: , also when it was time to bring her home until her next appointment on Sunday Cathy tried to get her to stand up and try to walk, she wouldn't budge just laid on the floor and whine softly, Cathy and my daughter Amanda wanted to see how much sympathy she was trying for, so they started walking away and said time to go home, Teddy Bear immediately struggle to her 2 3/4 good legs and hobble after them as if saying "Hey wait for me, don't leave me here!!!", she hobble all the way to the Suburban which was about 100ft hobble for her!!! :thumbsupanim

I would have carried her, but I'm a softy :wub: , but we get her up and standing about 3 times a day and I carry her outside(she can't do steps) for a few minutes for her to do her "business" and then carry her back inside, it does wear her out just hobbling around for those few minutes.

She has a long recovery ahead of her but she will make it, the major concern is her right front leg, hoping that she will not loose it, and if she doesn't lose her leg that it will recover enough for her to be able to use it effectively, that is where our prayers are being directed now.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers and moral support, she greatly needs them right now as well as my family and myself!!!

Skip

Skip,

Dogs are a big part of the family and have their own personalities and traits just as humans do. I'm wishing Teddy Bear a full and speedy recovery.

Ant Man

So glad to see TeddyBear is going to make it. Dogs are incredibly resistant and can overcome some pretty amazing trauma. Thanks for the update

I thought that I would add a picture so everyone could see Teddy Bear and her pack, with the exception of the "oldman" Lucky he is a 13 years old peek-a-poo and doesn't get up around very well anymore and since there was no "treats" being handed out he elected to refrain from "posing" for the picture, at his age he is only interested in the "important things in life". :olddude:

From left to right we have "Alice" she is a registered "foodhound" and was very surprised when no treats where handed out after posing :tisk-tisk: she is the most devoted and faithful dog you will ever encounter, next is Teddy Bear A.K.A "Cuddle Bear" she loves nothing better than to be hugged and love, she can't get enough and she is always right by your side, next in the rear is "Gracie" she got her name because of her gracefulness she is always bumping into or falling over something and not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but we love her just the same, next and in front as always is "Chase" A.K.A "Pootie which is short for FartBucket", he got his name Chase because he is always chasing something, his A.K.A. name of FartBucket is because that is what he is :brows: , he is also the KING and the leader of the pack, with the exception of my wife and I, we are the true leaders of the pack and Chase has to be reminded of that quite often!! :shrug:

Skip

dogs1.bmp

I thought that I would add a picture so everyone could see Teddy Bear and her pack, with the exception of the "oldman" Lucky he is a 13 years old peek-a-poo and doesn't get up around very well anymore and since there was no "treats" being handed out he elected to refrain from "posing" for the picture, at his age he is only interested in the "important things in life". :olddude:

From left to right we have "Alice" she is a registered "foodhound" and was very surprised when no treats where handed out after posing :tisk-tisk: she is the most devoted and faithful dog you will ever encounter, next is Teddy Bear A.K.A "Cuddle Bear" she loves nothing better than to be hugged and love, she can't get enough and she is always right by your side, next in the rear is "Gracie" she got her name because of her gracefulness she is always bumping into or falling over something and not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but we love her just the same, next and in front as always is "Chase" A.K.A "Pootie which is short for FartBucket", he got his name Chase because he is always chasing something, his A.K.A. name of FartBucket is because that is what he is :brows: , he is also the KING and the leader of the pack, with the exception of my wife and I, we are the true leaders of the pack and Chase has to be reminded of that quite often!! :shrug:

Skip

The picture was in the wrong format, here it is hopefully in the correct format, and also another picture of Teddy Bear.

Skip

post-10941-128067555238_thumb.jpg

post-10941-128067602046_thumb.jpg

Skip Our heart goes out to you as we had to put down our Welch terrier Abbie after eight months treatment and pain with a brittle bone type syndrome. I am glad Teddy bear is doing better and our prayers continue to go out to you and your pet. We have now two welch terriers, Lizzie and Scooter. What a handful in raizing two new pups. I could never envision being without a dog and cat. Give Teddy Bear aa bone for us. Jerry

Here in New Mexico, a dog is just listed as property.

Dog owners know better.

They become and are Family members.

It cracks me up, people who have never had one or should tell every one Crap like that.

It hurts loosing a dog.

It hurts Real Bad loosing one that you have had for say 10 or 15 years.

Archived