Nugget Shooter Forums

selling gold

I have about 20 grammes of fine gold and some small pickers. i rang one place and they offered between $17 and $22 a gramme.

locals have told me the gold in gold basin is 22 karat gold and should be worth over $30 a gramme.

i know its easy to sell if one has from an ounce and a half to 2 ounces to sell. does any body know a place or person who would buy gold in smaller amounts and give a fair price. I would be nervous about selling it on line.

I would rather not sell the gold but i need to finish paying for a drywasher and metal detector and i need a new genny/snake chaps/ a pop up camper/an atv /a couple of plastic barrells/ more camping equipment/ more prospecting equipment/ new truck lol the list goes on and on. prospecting is more expensive than bass fishing lol. and in all my life i never seen 2 small glass vials as hard to fill. some times i see loads of fine gold in the pan and i think i have struck it rich until i clean dry it out and pour it into glass vial and presto it seems to disapear in the vial.

Im living in Las Vegas area and maybe next weekend i wil get mighty lucky and find a big chunk lol.

Craigslist will bring ya local yokels and repeat sales at NO COST to you. I meet buyers in the bank to protect both sides of the transaction and all 6 of my banks happily oblige me now 7 days a week as Tri-Counties open 7 days a week -CASH is king when do your thing-John :thumbsupanim

Craigslist will bring ya local yokels and repeat sales at NO COST to you. I meet buyers in the bank to protect both sides of the transaction and all 6 of my banks happily oblige me now 7 days a week as Tri-Counties open 7 days a week -CASH is king when do your thing-John :thumbsupanim

i had thought about meeting buyers at secure locations like banks, i think i will give the craigs list a go and see how i get on.

Can you tell me about how much i should expect to get per gramme.

i have to get a proper scales to weight how much i have a small electronic kitchen scales says 20 grammes but hopefully it will weigh a little more on a proper scales. I have a small long nugget about half the length of a cigarette butt and the scales says it weights a gramme but it feels heavier[keepin fingers crossed on that one].

i think i will go to desert outfitters and get a scales to see what exactly i have, i was hopeing to go dry washing this saturday but i see there has been quite a few thunderstorms in meadview this week ,maybe dry washing season is coming to an end if the ground gets too damp.

Thanks very much for your reply, regards anthony.

i had thought about meeting buyers at secure locations like banks, i think i will give the craigs list a go and see how i get on.

Can you tell me about how much i should expect to get per gramme.

i have to get a proper scales to weight how much i have a small electronic kitchen scales says 20 grammes but hopefully it will weigh a little more on a proper scales. I have a small long nugget about half the length of a cigarette butt and the scales says it weights a gramme but it feels heavier[keepin fingers crossed on that one].

i think i will go to desert outfitters and get a scales to see what exactly i have, i was hopeing to go dry washing this saturday but i see there has been quite a few thunderstorms in meadview this week ,maybe dry washing season is coming to an end if the ground gets too damp.

Thanks very much for your reply, regards anthony.

I would think a grain scale is more accurate.