Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Basin Wind Farm

John B.

Hi All

I thought you might like to know what's up in Gold Basin :hmmmmm: ?? I don't know if the proposed wind farm area will be fenced off or not :angry-smiley-010[1]: ?? But be carefull diggin those big deep targets ( power cables) while dodging the fan blades :tisk-tisk: ?? Of course that's assuming your beeper don't overload from all the electrical interference :*&$*(: ?? Not to mention the flock of helicopters buzzing you on the open ground :aw-shucks: !! Geeze Gold Basin used to be so desolate and a fun place to prospect :unsure: !! Maybe beepin the trenches and winroes as they set cable and make foundations and access roads might be real productive :zapped: ?? I guess I won't have much problem getting power to my property in the near future even if the Colorado River dries up from Global Warming :hmmmmm: !! It looks like the GPAA claims are not in the project but next door to it sooo maybe they will give us a plug for a big screen tv :shrug: . Heck Maybe I'll start a wind ranch too :( !! It looks like most of the strewnfield is safe :o !! Here's the map !! Happy Huntin John B.

post-1056-128010114202_thumb.jpg

I'm assuming the calendar on your camera isn't set... because I know you wouldn't hold on this for over a year.

Man oh man, has there been any public comment period for this? Has a NEPA report been prepared, filed and commented on?

Basically, are they following their own rules?

I don't mind being progressive, even aggressive, about renewable energy technologies. However, I do get pissed when they expect us all to roll over and show our bellies in the name of "progress."

C'mon John B. You know all those anchor babies need electricity and they will have plenty of brothers and seesters.

How long will the commute to Vegas from your property be when they finish that new bridge?

Thanks JohnB...

Wind and Solar are the magicians tricks. They appear as ‘green energy’ but a economic think tank report released a few years ago acknowledged behind the magic curtain they waste huge amounts of valuable public land and have ridiculously high operating and maintenance (O&M) cost per mega-watt when compared to hydro or geothermal (including low temp geo). The report stated that wind/solar facilities owned by private corporations should be built only on private lands (somewhat logical). It also stated that wind/solar does create about 10x the jobs per mega-watt over hydro/geothermal produced power.

I guess, if locking up public land and creating 1,000s of O&M jobs are the goal, then wind/solar are the future.

Keep Smiling... :cigar:

Fritz, you said...I guess, if locking up public land and creating 1,000s of O&M jobs are the goal, then wind/solar are the future.

ISN'T THAT THE WAY WE DO THINGS IN THIS COUNTRY FOR ABOUT THE PAST 20-30 YEARS..... "BASS ACKWARDS" :tisk-tisk:

Hi All You too Slim

If anyone wishes to get more info or to know about all the public hearings none of us knew about :whaaaa: ?? Here's thier official link web site :unsure: . www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/energy/wind/mohave.html

This project is headed by BP which has done such a wonderful job for us in well drilling in the gulf of Mexico :huh: !! I think :hmmmmm: ??

Happy Huntin John B.

Hi All You too Slim

If anyone wishes to get more info or to know about all the public hearings none of us knew about :whaaaa: ?? Here's thier official link web site :unsure: . www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/energy/wind/mohave.html

This project is headed by BP which has done such a wonderful job for us in well drilling in the gulf of Mexico :huh: !! I think :hmmmmm: ??

Happy Huntin John B.

Well BP better hurry if they want to hire illegal Democrats.....they are starting to leave AZ....

John B.,

John I'm suprised that the wacko enviromentalist & or tree huggers are'nt up in arms about the bird kill (buzzards) from said wind mills. :inocent:

This is something they were pushing in the past against wind farms until the Obomanation started pushing wind farms, solar & nuclear power plants.... :hmmmmm:

Could be worse........They could just put in solar farm..........Bet that would make a fun metal detecting enviroment, dodgeing metal support frames.... :whaaaa: ... :zapped:

wonderer

Hey John,

Dont forget Red Lake, near the basin, they are planning on building one of the largest solar projects for power also. Soon Gold basin area will be full of electricity....

Dave

Solar Power Red Lake Link

Oh great... Now this cancer has spread to Arizona as well!! We've been dealing with this out here in California for a few years now (a couple meteorite locations were in danger) and so far the people aren't buying it. Hopefully the same happens for Arizona... I can only hope!