Nugget Shooter Forums

How are Desert Nuggets Formed

Rudy

Do desert nuggets "start out" big and get smaller the farther they get down the wash Or do they slam together and gain size over time? My guess is they start large and ware down as time goes by, however someone told me that in stream placers they can actually get bigger from slamming together in the current.

I'll take this as if it's a serious question and not someone trying to pull our legs...

That someone is an idiot and you likely shouldn't trust their geological advice. I'm just speaking the God's honest truth, bluntly.

If they slammed together and got bigger... I'd buy a paint shaler and make more money of the flour gold I have on hand!

They start out very crystaline (and larger) and get flakes knocked off and the edges softened and smashed flatter as they travel.

Get Chris Ralph's book, Fist Fulls of Gold...It will answer this and thousands of other questions you'll have as you become experienced in prospecting...cheers, Unc

Get Chris Ralph's book, Fist Fulls of Gold...It will answer this and thousands of other questions you'll have as you become experienced in prospecting...cheers, Unc

They only get smaller with 1 exception.... If your talking about gold..precipitated out of superheatwater in and around the active volcanos.. then it could be growing...bigger

At one time I saw photo's of a lava pool that they claimed was spewing out some number of ounces of gold per....day? do not remember the actual amount...

At one time I saw photo's of a lava pool that they claimed was spewing out some number of ounces of gold per....day? do not remember the actual amount...

Where? I need to move!

I'm already used to the heat, living here in AZ and all... rolleye0012[1].gif

As to where the gold was coming out of the lave ..that was a few-several years ack I saw it...either something like science something or Nat.Geo.

And they had to wear suits looking like space men to take samples...maybe newzealand or hawaii...ut I really do not remember which.

Lava kinda scares me.....The desert is hot but survivale..but lava .....

As to where the gold was coming out of the lave ..that was a few-several years ack I saw it...either something like science something or Nat.Geo.

And they had to wear suits looking like space men to take samples...maybe newzealand or hawaii...ut I really do not remember which.

Lava like this? Sorry, I just got back from Hawaii.

Lava like this? Sorry, I just got back from Hawaii.

Well, crap, the pic didn't post the first time. Let's try again.

Why is there a small, mobile spider embedded on my screen? Inquiring minds want to know...

EDIT: Never mind. Very cute Glenn:)

You're welcome. My daughter picked it out. I normall use either the Dunce Kid or a pic of the race car.