Nugget Shooter Forums
frank c

Food 4 Thought Outing

Wanted to post a thought for all here to keep in the back of your minds.

There are a heck of alot of good people who part take in this forum.

Some are dyed in the wool with knowledge and others are wanting to soak up as much as they are exposed to learning.

Some of us know each other and many have never met personally.

I think it might be a worthwhile idea to consider a group outing for this fall/early winter season as the weather will be excellent for a weekend campout/hunt and general get together many of us can meet each other and I always love to hear the tales around the campfire.

I was considering proposing Gold Basin for 2 reasons its pretty centrally located for AZ. CA. NV. UT. etc members And the fact you have gold and meteorites available to pursue. Wet recirc./Drywashing/nuggetshooting etc.

Many people are GPAA members as well as GSSN, MPA. I don't think there would be a problem gathering on the GPAA area for a main camp while there.

It would be great to get a bunch together for something like this as we have not gathered for some time.

Due to current economic conditions and the fact of "who knows what tomorrow may bring" for all of us at this point its an idea for any and all interested to give some thought to. Theres 2 or 3 months ahead for ideas and discussion of this.

Adding the fact of us guys over 50 are suddenly dropping like flies at times this could be an enjoyable trip to plan and meet up.

So lets see where this thread goes or doesn't go.

Hapy Huntn all Frank C.

post-562-127948849551_thumb.jpg

Hey Frank

I think that's a most excellent idea!!

If your starting a list, count me in. Tried to find you at Quartzsite

last winter, missed your campsite by only about 6 miles.

Hope many others will join in.

Regards

Herb

Aloha Frank,

Count me in for sure once the temperature gauge stops boiling over.thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Need to get out for a couple of days anyway just so I can see the clear skies overhead and be able to hear myself think.

Gold Basin should work for a lot of us.

Aloha and be safe as usual.

Stan aka Ka'imi

That dog'll hunt. We Phoenix folks, aka, "Fry Brains", could caravan up/share rides to save on costs.

I`d be interested for sure....

It would be great to meet you Adam, I'm always checkin out your posts on Rod's forum.

It would be great to get Rod, Russ, an others to make a trip too.

We have plenty of time till it gets nice an cool.

Hi Frank,

I went to the last two gold Basin outings, so I'll plan on being at this one as well. I wouldn't miss it for the world! I just need about 6 weeks notice so I can request the time off on my work schedule, or else I'll get stuck being on call, or working that weekend. Hey guys, please bring firewood!!!!!!!!

Ben

That sounds a good idea Frank. I can probably come.

Great Idea, Be nice to meet the people behind the knowledge. Don't get many opportunities to get a group like that together too often.

Frank, You know you can count me in, Gold Basin is one of my favorite places in OCT.

Bunk

Great Idea Frank!

Jason and I will plan on being there. :thumbsupanim

great idea frank, wish i could be there. what month are you thinking about?

thanks much, take care, ron

Frank

Great Idea. :thumbsupanim .. Man wish I could join you guys on that one... Sounds like a lot of fun to me, depending on when you have it I might be out of Afghanistan on my leave.. Keep us up to date on when and where..

Very Respectfully

RANGERMG

Tim

Anyone cross-posting this, yet?

Maybe we could have it coincide with Terry's festival or something. Get folks to the Festival, then out hunting.

Keep in mind, though... there can be NO mentions of this being a group or any sort of potentially money making activity or it's likely someone will have to apply for a special permit.

I'm all excited and stuff now. Dangit, why does it have to be so hot here? Oh, yeah... to keep the weekenders away from the gold much of the year!!!

GLENNM, Don't know what your'e thinking.....when you said,

"Maybe we could have it coincide with Terry's festival or something. Get folks to the Festival, then out hunting.

Keep in mind, though... there can be NO mentions of this being a group or any sort of potentially money making activity or it's likely someone will have to apply for a special permit."

But thats DEFINATELY NOT what THIS POST CONCERNED.

When I raised the subject it concerns a "GET TOGETHER" "WEEKEND OR LONGER FOR SOME CAMPOUT".

The MAIN OBJECTIVE is to SOCIALIZE meet others with the same interests, swap knowledge / stories. Enjoy the outdoors and the night sky. Put faces on names from the forum. Listen to the Tales around the campfire.

Allow newcomers to gain first hand experience with guidance available from seasoned members on the spot.

Bring yer own,

food , drinks, supplies , come for the day or stay however long you like, Gold Basin is a fairly large area and theres also Meadview and the White Hills areas closeby plenty of ground for people to explore/prospect and hunt "space debris"

I had no intentions of anyone showing up to try to SELL US SOMETHING, thats not what its about.

If I want to see the latest an greatest gizmos out I'll go to a gold show somewhere.

No displays, booths setup or anything like that This ain't "Stanton or Rich Hill" up here in the Northwest corner of the state.

What I meant by that was it seems the few times I've been to Stanton/RichHill area theres always vendors around.

You'd be lucky to see some Antelope or Coyotes at the Basin no vendors.

Hapy Huntn All

Since I am retired it will be no problem for me to schedule this time . I will however say that if it is at ALL possible we should make it on a week end that allows RANGERMG to attend . Considering that he is one of those guys that faces danger every day for us the least we can do is to juggle our relatively unimportant schedules to accomidate his . AIRBORNE!!!!!!

GLENNM, Don't know what your'e thinking.....when you said,

"Maybe we could have it coincide with Terry's festival or something. Get folks to the Festival, then out hunting.

Keep in mind, though... there can be NO mentions of this being a group or any sort of potentially money making activity or it's likely someone will have to apply for a special permit."

When I raised the subject it concerns a "GET TOGETHER" "WEEKEND OR LONGER FOR SOME CAMPOUT".

The MAIN OBJECTIVE is to SOCIALIZE meet others with the same interests, swap knowledge / stories. Enjoy the outdoors and the night sky. Put faces on names from the forum. Listen to the Tales around the campfire.

Allow newcomers to gain first hand experience with guidance available from seasoned members on the spot.

Bring yer own,

food , drinks, supplies , come for the day or stay however long you like, Gold Basin is a fairly large area and theres also Meadview and the White Hills areas closeby plenty of ground for people to explore/prospect and hunt "space debris"

I had no intentions of anyone showing up to try to SELL US SOMETHING, thats not what its about.

If I want to see the latest an greatest gizmos out I'll go to a gold show somewhere.

No displays, booths setup or anything like that This ain't "Stanton or Rich Hill" up here in the Northwest corner of the state.

What I meant by that was it seems the few times I've been to Stanton/RichHill area theres always vendors around.

Hapy Huntn All

I guess am a little gun shy when it comes to getting together out on Gubmint managed lands stemming from my activities with OHV here in AZ. It was almost bad enough that any time we hinted a club run down a paved street there was need for a special event permit.

I don't want to deal with anyone selling or shilling anything either, and never thought there would be. Please take my statement at face value, because that's all it is. Just like Pavlov's dog... someone say's "get together" in regards to public land and I start having nightmares about special permits :)

With all due respect, I am really hoping this get together (and I agree with Adam and others it should be very low key with email or pm invites and meet up times), will NOT be anywhere near Nov. 6th, as that would possibly keep me from going! I am very pleased to just be one of the guys, and I am willing to help however I can. Great idea Frank! :thumbsupanim - Terry

GLENNM, Don't know what your'e thinking.....when you said

Bring yer own,

Hapy Huntn All

Frank

Great Idea. :thumbsupanim .. Man wish I could join you guys on that one... Sounds like a lot of fun to me, depending on when you have it I might be out of Afghanistan on my leave.. Keep us up to date on when and where..

Very Respectfully

RANGERMG

Tim

RANGERMG, If I understand you right, you are expecting a possible leave to return back here to the states. If this is the case KEEP us posted as to when that may arise for you. It won't be cooling off for sometime yet so keep dibs on the forum here and we'll see what develops.

Stay Safe out there my friend.

Hi Frank c,

I`d like to meet a few of you fella`s as well... I`ll wait and see where this go`s ....I`m prone to having real good fire wood on occasion. :brows:

Hey Frank, Sounds like a good idea and I might be able to show up too. I still got a drywasher so I can sit and play in the dirt. :thumbsupanim

Hey Frank and All

I appriciate that you guys are thinking about me, but I won't be back in the States until around 21 December 2010 that day is reserved for my Daughter's Wedding and then we have the Christmas Holidays.. On the brighter side of that I don't have to come back to Afghanistan until 10 January so there may be some time for me to get together with some of you and look for a little bit of Gold if time allows..I appriciate the thought there PARATROOPER. But don't hold up this get together just for me...You guys get together and get and have a great time and a couple of cold ones for me and post some stories about the fun you had. I'll try to hit the next one cause I think this is going to happen more than once!!!

Very Respectfully

RANGERMG

Tim

No problem RANGER . We will probably go out on this with at least you in mind in the "sandbox". If you see that you will have time before you go back let us know .We'll have an outing just for you . Many of us can make it at the drop of a hat . I know for a fact that there is NOTHING in my day that beats spending time with another TROOP digging in the dirt .Until then ... BE SAFE . When in doubt ..... take them all out . I know English is optional over there but EVERYONE understands M-60 .AIRBORNE!!!

WSPA has a major outing in the Dale District near Twentynine Palms over the Veterans Day long weekend. Just about any other time would work for me. Let's start tossing a date out for discussion and consensus. Good idea Frank!

With all due respect, I am really hoping this get together (and I agree with Adam and others it should be very low key with email or pm invites and meet up times)

I tried to find this statement on here and didn't see it. in the "other" thread, yeah, but not here.

Please help me understand the reasoning for the low key approach?