Nugget Shooter Forums

Another issue w/ Minelab service!

shep

Maybe? the plot thickens? I haven't been real happy w/ Minelabs LV service. It's been in 3 times since 09; prior it worked excellent! Well I debated on sending it to either AU Minelab or Woody at detectormods AU. I wondered if Minelab doesn't seem to care about the service here in the states, why would they care in AU?

I've had several conversations w/ Woody (detectormod) thru E-mail. In the last one, I found out something interesting. The problem I'm having he has seen in the early 4500s pre 1200. I just went out to shop and looked up the warranty invoices. The two early ones say serial #892, the original shipping box says #892, but the last invoice says #7521?or #2521! Might be just an error in writing up the invoice, but wondering????

It, whatever serial number, is packed and ready for shipment to detectormod tomorrow morning. I've sent Peter an e-mail to this concern. I paid for #892, had downtime on the two previous 'warranty issues' and have the same problem on 'this new one?'. When I have upgraded in the past, whoever gets my 'old' detector, gets one helluva deal. The original shipping box w/ correct serial#, the new shafts, the new arm cuff, a new and never used original DD coil, but a well used owners manual.

If the # he receives is #892, my apoligies to the service dept for my assumption of their error- still not happy with their service!

This has absolutely nothing to do with any complains of the original equipment. Minelab has the best product out there, for finding gold, bar none!

Shep

shep,

When I had problems with my X-TERRA 70 for the first time. I sent it in to NV....they did'nt fix the one I bought, but sent me another with a different ser. # I noticed...

They just tranfered the extended warrenty stickers from mine to the new one.

Glad I never had any issues with my ML 3500. Hope you can get yours fixed.

wonderer

Steve, did they tell you they were replacing your defective detector with a better one or did you just notice the switch? I was never told about a switch of detectors (and as I said maybe this is just a serviceman's mistake in writing up the form and I really do have my original detector #892; it's over the Pacific right now and won't know for awhile). Bottom line is, it went in 3 times for basically the same problem and not corrected. Peter said the problem I'm having was an issue with the earlier units, why doesn't MinelabLV know this and the solution? Maybe he's blowing smoke, but I'm willing to take the chance. I value a man's word till it's proven different.

At the very least, if I've had a question, he's given me an answer back fairly quickly. How many times have I called LV after 3 weeks and just asked the status, if and when I got a call back (twice I called and they showed no record of it) I dig up the paperwork, confirm it was received by such and such and suprisingly I receive it two days later! and still not right!

My original point wasn't so much to pick on MinelabLV's service, but check and know your serial#, before and after, and after re-reading original post- I didn't push that point.

Shep

shep,

No they did'nt say anything about switching it .....mine had a unick # ......when I saw it I checked my paperwork (warrenty card + I write ser #'s on the front flap of my operating manuals).

+ when you send it in to be fixed I want a record of ser. #'s incase it's lost in tranzit & you have to file a claim.

Since they switched units & extended warrenty sticker (it was right), I figured they changed the paperwork on record.......mine went in 2 more times ...one for a bad coil....and then again for the main unit, this time they rebuilt it (new circuit board).

wonderer

Shep sorry to hear you were still having problems with one of the first 1200 4500 after sending it in for service. I guess I been lucky mine is still running smooth .knock on wood. Would you let us know the upgrades and how well it runs?

Lon

Ion, yes I'll put a post out on the detector when I get it back and after getting out a few times to try it out. At first, all I wanted was to get it back the way it was when new (Peter does repairs), but figured I've burned my bridges with Minelab service so I went with the upgrade. The 4500 is an awesome machine! Had the 3000, the 3500 and 4000, all excellent machines, but when it came to getting a smooth threshold and finding little bits at respectable depths, in a mineralized ground, after other machines had gone over the area; I was pleased!

I'll let all know,

Shep

Hi Shep

That's what you get when you buy a cheap Chinese made nock off beeper :rolleyes: !!! Next time buy one for over $200.00 and quit bieng such a titewad you cheap bastard :hahaha: !! Was that chevy made in Tiawan too :whaaaa: !! I noticed the bean holder and tortilla grill in that toy hauler you had at rye patch :hmmmmm: !! Try buying American or genuine Aussie :whaaaa:

Happy Huntin John B.

Shep sorry to hear you were still having problems with one of the first 1200 4500 after sending it in for service. I guess I been lucky mine is still running smooth .knock on wood. Would you let us know the upgrades and how well it runs?

Lon

Lon I think instead of fixing your machine they DUMMED it up so it would rum smootherrolleye0012[1].gif thats why I still have your dollarangry-smiley-032[1].gif Mike C...ph34r2.gif PS I'm still swinging an obsolete 4000happy0193[1].gif

Hey Mike

I wish I really could blame the 4500 on you getting my dollar :grr01: . I just could not get the coil over anything :shrug: but I hope Shep will have something good to say about the upgrade you never know :) . Then you will be sending that old and out of date 4000 to get a face lift LOL.

PS Stop :wah2: it’s too hot out there my dollar really wants to come home :hahaha:

Lon.

Hey Mike

I wish I really could blame the 4500 on you getting my dollar . I just could not get the coil over anything but I hope Shep will have something good to say about the upgrade you never know . Then you will be sending that old and out of date 4000 to get a face lift LOL.

PS Stop it's too hot out there my dollar really wants to come home

Lon.

Hi Lon first off your dollar ain't never leaving and it will be joining more of its buddies saftely in my pouch where it will remain for the duration so no worries thereraspberry[1].gif so yes your dollar can blame you for its captivity being your beepin with a INFERIOR Dummed up 4500 that you painted so you could sneak up on all the gold nugsters---guess what Lon it ain"t working---HELLOarrowheadsmiley.png heres a BIG tip for you instead of using a coil that STALKS gold you should be using one that FINDS goldrolleye0012[1].gif as far as my old 4000 goes as long as its KICKING 4500 butt and still taken names it will remain my faithful weapon of choice---Better luck next time-- Mike C...ph34r2.gif aka the 4500 terminator

• 4 weeks later...

Love and Hugs to Nugget!

Oh and to Slim- Last contact, Peter said he got it to act up, found a bad solder joint on one of the chips. He repaired and did mods. Asked him to take it out and (ab)use it; don't want to have to send it back. He has taken it out twice and no problems.

Are you all gonna be at RP in Sept? Gave ol stale doggie bones to customers dogs and will have fresh ones for the cuter of the pair of you. ;-)

Shep

Bill good luck with that ,There are quite a few of us hard core guys that will not take any chances after what we and others have gone thru,I,am sure it will hit you guy,s hard, so they better get it fixed, Great to see you back hope you are refressed D

Bill good luck with that ,There are quite a few of us hard core guys that will not take any chances after what we and others have gone thru,I,am sure it will hit you guy,s hard, so they better get it fixed, Great to see you back hope you are refressed D

Hi Denny, Good to hear from ya, tried to call back...

I got faith in Minelab and that they will work the bugs out of customer service. I have never had an issue with my 4500 other than the coil plug getting lose on it which was an easy fix. I have found allot of gold with it and like it better than any of the previous models which I have used all of. If past problems with the 4500 are the only this preventing you looking at the 5000 or 4800 I suggest you re-think this as there have been BIG changes in it ability to handle hot ground as well as some new very useful settings for dealing with specific ground conditions. As always I am more than willing to let you give my demo a go when available.

There is still NO detector that comes close to getting the gold Minelab PI detectors are able to see and they have once again made some big advances over the competition. I will stick with what I see works best simple as that and this time Minelab waited much longer and did much more actual field testing to assure that the issues experienced by 4500 users would not be repeated.