Nugget Shooter Forums

Progress on Nellybelle

frank c

Well I've been spending alot of time doing resto work on the prospectin rig havent installed the engine yet but I've done plenty of labor intensive upgrades to the vehicle. Went thru the brakes, fabed up some brackets and installed a pair of captains chairs with armrests they are alittle oversize for the cj5 but the comfort factor is a big plus. Cut the fullsize rollbar down to an acceptable size I didnt like it at my feet in the cab, Rubbed out the entire exterior paint it was totally oxidized and theres still some primer showing thru in spots but not bad for a 30 year old Jeeper, cleaned an painted the chassis and engine compartment got a couple coats of truck bed liner its alittle dusty in the pic.. Welded up the rear swing away carrier in the back it'll hold 2 jerry cans and a spare tire. Rewired the rear with new lights and now I'm up to the dash panel for the next wiring upgrade then the engine compartment and front grill headlights sidelights It'll all be rewired and upgraded.

I'm working on the hood now its the last body component that needed work.

If all goes well I should be setting the block in the engine compartment within the next couple of weeks then all new upgrades there ignition, alt,dual elec fans, radiator etc.etc. What ever Nelly needs Nelly gets so I can run up to the mountains around here and find a new Nugget Patch or maybe an undiscovered Meteorite Patch.

Oh yeah I even put an "OL YELLER" Smiley on the rear end cover for HA HA'S it goes good with my desert rat hood ornament.

post-562-127864875651_thumb.jpg

post-562-127864896121_thumb.jpg

post-562-127864905732_thumb.jpg

post-562-127864914332_thumb.jpg

post-562-127864919833_thumb.jpg

post-562-127864926164_thumb.jpg

Last body part to screw with it'll be a 3 tone (color) finish factory blue background with the LAREDO letters salvaged that was the only part of the hood finish that was salvageable. Then brushed nickel on the sides and textured truck bed liner for the center part. Its commin along slloowwlllyyy.

Shade Tree Rattle Can Finish :hahaha:

post-562-127880964028_thumb.jpg

post-562-127880966119_thumb.jpg

post-562-127880970758_thumb.jpg

post-562-12788097944_thumb.jpg

Good Sunday morning Frank....you know what's going to happen with Nellybelle....she's going to be so pretty that

you won't take her off the pavement.....she's looking good....and those chairs are first class...keep up the good

work...

Good Sunday morning Frank....you know what's going to happen with Nellybelle....she's going to be so pretty that

you won't take her off the pavement.....she's looking good....and those chairs are first class...keep up the good

work...

NEVER HAPPEN DON, thats what I'm buildin her for OFF-ROADS.

Hey Remember the OL man in Treasure of the Sierra Madre.....when he was tellin Bogart and his buddy about prospectin, He told 'em.... Ya gotta get way out where there aint no roads or railroad tracs , them engineers make a habit of noticing everything around then ya gotta chance of finding some "GOOD STUFF".

And besides that "We don't need no stinkin BADGES " :hahaha: