Nugget Shooter Forums

A few finds for the day!

Hi all,

I finally made some time for a day of meteorite hunting. The day turned out extremely hot with no breeze at all. After sweating my butt off I was relieved to see the clouds move in late in the afternoon. It sure was nice to enjoy the much needed shade! The rain finally hit 20 minutes later dropping the temp down to a very cool and comfortable level. It was a good day of hunting! Good hunting everyone and good luck!

Dean

post-14020-12786322378_thumb.jpg post-14020-127863226788_thumb.jpg

post-14020-127863220766_thumb.jpg post-14020-127863230839_thumb.jpg

post-14020-127863233795_thumb.jpg

Dean,

Those are some fantastic looking irons you got there! Gonna have to make it out to Glorieta soon! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsupanim

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"...It was a good day of hunting! Good hunting everyone and good luck!"

Dean

Dean,

Wow, I'll say that was a good day of hunting! I've never been to Glorieta, but I understand it is very tough hunting there, and most hunters are continually skunked. Nice work!

How many different irons did you find that day? (It is hard for me to tell from pics.)

EdD270, thanks!

Hello D-Sil, thanks. It is a very very tough place to hunt! After a full day of hard hunting it takes me a few minutes to climb outta the truck when I get home! I still have days where I get skunked! I still study the strewn field and it still holds surprises. The place is hard to beat for the fresh air and to get away form the grind! That day I hunted I was lucky enough to find six meteorites. Here is a pic. Thanks again guys!

post-14020-128106521311_thumb.jpg