Nugget Shooter Forums

Summer Trips

Rudy

I live in Southern Neveda, no stranger to the heat. I'd like to travel somewhere cooler for the summer months. Any clubs that have claims or areas that would be worthwhile for dry washing or detecting. something within a days drive would be perfect, I still have to work, so I need to do the weekend thing. THANKS!

I live in Southern Neveda, no stranger to the heat. I'd like to travel somewhere cooler for the summer months. Any clubs that have claims or areas that would be worthwhile for dry washing or detecting. something within a days drive would be perfect, I still have to work, so I need to do the weekend thing. THANKS!

Rudy, The days drive is what makes it hard. You could do the very early AM thing and go to Gold Basin.

Bunk

• 3 weeks later...

I live in vegas /partly came here to prospect in southern nevada but im not sure how the laws work here and i dont want my truck impounded.

I go to gold basin to do weekend prospecting/ costs about $60 on gas. the llast couple of weeks have been very hot and eventough to drywasah at night with it being muggy and tons of bugs. last weekend i went and was there for first light, i got there about 4 am still dark i waited in the truck until it started to brighten a little. i had a close one with a mohave green back rattler and was almost bit.

i dry washed for a couple of hours and got very little. i run the concentrates through a sluice/ its quick and handy to see what your getting/ this morning i had at least a thousand bees around the sluice it got so bad i couldent see much of the sluice to see if there was anything in it as soon as the water stopped flowing the sluice was covered in bees, thankfully their so crazy to get the water the didnt sting me. by the time i gathered my gear and got most in the back of the truck the bees were every where/ i couldent do a clean up on the area i was working i wanted to fill in a hole but i had to slowly lift sluice into back of pickup with bees in tow, i drove almost 2 miles on dirt roads before the bees were gone. i did stop and talk to a man from utah he was there for a coupe of days working slowly and he had a nice bit of fine gold, he was working smart instead of hard and he had no bees, but in my defence the bees know my truck and they hover around my sealed water containers waitin for a drink.

it takes about 2 and a half hours to get there from vegas and its a long drive back when one is tired i bring a small cooler with ice and a damp face towel in it when i feel tired i wipe my face with the cool wet cloth and it does wonders to keep one alert when driving.

I joined gold searchers of Nevada GSSN, where i prospect on the club grounds. Gold Prospectors association of America has claims there too GPAA.

Mohave prospectors association club have claims there as well. people i have met out there have been very helpful and pleasent. all 3 clubs have web sites and can be easily joined its about $45 to $60 to join a club. any questions or want to meet up out there feel free to e mail me silvervortek2000@yahoo.com