Nugget Shooter Forums

Our Countries Birthday

One Nation, under God, Indivisible with Liberty and Justice for all.

Those words we all grew up with, those words we depended on. While we are still called “The United States of America”, we are not. We now seem to be victims of our own countries successes in the past. We seem to be victims of or past transgressions. We seem to be victims of past and present Federal Governments. But mostly, it seems that we are victims of the lies we tell ourselves.

As we begin to celebrate the 234th 4th of July. It’s our countries birthday. We buy all the fixings for a Bar-B-Que. We meet with family and friends. We go to town to see the “Rockets, red glare”. We lie to ourselves that we live in great country and everything will work out. We lie to ourselves as we go to work on the following Monday and pretend we aren’t nervous about how the economy is affecting us.

We lie, it seems, because we must. We don’t have to worry about the Redcoats burning our towns and farms, do we? We don’t have to worry about growing enough food to last through the winter, do we? We know that our children are safe at school and will grow up to be big and strong and lead our Nation to bigger and better victories, don’t we?

This is the most depressing birthday, I have ever been to.

I worry about our Government, leading us into a place that, I as an American, just doesn’t want to go. I worry about the failing economy and the 15 million plus Americans that are out of work. Americans that are not able to enjoy some of the things I may take for granted. I worry about the reasons why my Government will not protect us, both on the border and through out our country, from the illegal invaders of our freedom.

I worry that my children, now grown and living lives of their own, will not experience the true American Dream. They will not know the majesty that is our country, its people and the land. I worry that my younger friends on this forum and others, will no longer be able to hunt, fish and prospect, with the freedom that we older people, took so much for granted. That we older people, now are starting to realize how precious, the time we have spent, doing all the things we love to do, may be lost.

I worry about all the people I know personally and those that I don’t know at all, fighting battles over in the Middle East. Bring them home I say….bring them home soon. I’ll ride a bike to work or store, if it means bringing them home safe or gas for my truck.

I worry about my country, because it seems we are no longer the “United States”. We now have States going against States. States going against the Federal Government. The Federal Government, going against the wishes of the people. How have we become so un United? How did we get to this place? I am guilty. I am part of the problem, because I lied to myself. I lied and told myself that we will always have the freedoms we love, because we are America.

But freedom isn’t free. Our founding Fathers started it off for us, but we have failed to maintain it. We have failed to nurture it and feed it. We have allowed ourselves to be overrun by a non American ideology, a non American way of life. We have allowed others to dictate our freedoms to us, either by election or by open border. We have allowed too much.

This is the most depressing birthday, I have ever been to and I worry.

Great post HPS! :thumbsupanim I too worry about many of the same things. I also balance that out with the fact that we still, today, live in the best darn country on the face of the earth. The greatest society that has EVER existed. Sure, I worry for my Grandkids, but hey, I - me - myself, have lived in the best country in the world, during the best times there has EVER been to be human.

God Bless America, and Mr. Obama, save Arizona! - Terry

This may be a British soldier, but all the boys over there are Patriots. Someones son. You have to love them all.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/campaigns/our_boys/3038479/Shock-footage-from-the-front-line-in-Afghanistan.html

HPS,

I'm worried as well, but I have faith, this country has been here and thorough worst before and will recover....if that is what the people what!

This video helps me remember what this country has gone through before and recovered, it gives me hope.

Ragged Old Flag...

Skip

HPS,

I'm worried as well, but I have faith, this country has been here and thorough worst before and will recover....if that is what the people what!

This video helps me remember what this country has gone through before and recovered, it gives me hope.

Ragged Old Flag...

Skip

Skip I agree I really do and I am not a fatalist. But its the "thorough worst" that I am worried about. These are much different conditions than our country went through before.