Nugget Shooter Forums

BUYERS BEWARE....

garimpo

Trevor the Managing Director / Owner of Coiltek Manufacturing actually got his hands on one of them.

He told me, "Doc, this isn't just a "good" knockoff, this thing is almost perfect cosmetically." He said unless you knew precisely what to look for, the average person, including a dealer, would never know he had a fake in his hands."

This is from Doc. This was posted on Rob's Forum.

Rich

This is from Doc. This was posted on Rob's Forum.

Rich

WHO CARES if it was on the coiltek/aka nuggethunting.com forum firstwacko.gif Garimpo was letting the NUGGETSHOOTER.com members know as well--- Have a good day Richangry-smiley-032[1].gif Mike C...ph34r2.gif aka Lurker nowteu93[1].gif

mad0264[1].gif

Hmmm Mike, I might have to try one of these counterfeits also. Couldnt imagine they false any worse than my old goldstalker coil did.

Wes I hear yourolleye0012[1].gif I bought the 14 eliptical and I sold it after a couple of trips out with it-confused0082[1].gif --Mike C...ph34r2.gif I want to find gold not stalk it---

WHO CARES if it was on the coiltek/aka nuggethunting.com forum first Garimpo was letting the NUGGETSHOOTER.com members know as well--- Have a good day Rich Mike C... aka Lurker now
Obviously YOU do or you wouldn't of posted. That was not the reason I posted what I did. I was

only re pointing out that the fakes look as good as the real ones. So the fake ones will be

hard to spot to most poeple. How you took that any other way is kind of funny. Have a good

one Mike aka Lurker.

Rich

That seems like pretty good proof that some company could manufacture coils to compete with the current markets. If they can produce coils that work, and on the fly, then imagine what they could do if they put some thought into it.

To be honest, when this news first hit I was sceptical as to if this my be a cover-up to a series of poorly manufactured coils by Coiltek. I have since dismissed that thought. I only based that on my own bad experience with a GS coil. Maybe mine was run over by a car before I purchased it used :shrug: Then I wondered if I had a Fake model :hmmmmm: Looking at pictures though,It appears that it was indeed real.

I am not big on stickers and I pulled all of that stuff off my coils as soon as I opened the package. Without the stick-on propoganda to guide me in identification I suppose there is no way to identify a fake. Mine has a matte finish strain relief and no "coiltek" printed on the lead wire. No silicone on the threads either.

...But I bought it from Rob.

So I suppose that I will never know if it is fake or not. The coil never could be ground balanced and is finicky. No tone change whatsoever no matter where it is adjusted. Sometimes it works GREAT and sometimes it won't get a beer can if you rub it across the coil. You never know if the thing is functioning or not and there is no way that I have found to tell without passing it over a target. And noisy as hell sometimes for no apparent reason. Other times just fine. it will SCREAM on an iron meteorite but makes NO SOUND whatsoever with any coil on Franconia or Gold Basins. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

I think the coil is just like the detector. A bit on the funky side. I cant say that I have been happy with the machine although it has found a lot of gold and meteorites. I have sent it back twice for repairs and have asked them to address the problems. Both times the machine came back with the problem fixed but never have I been able to ground balance with the Coiltek coils or detect "H" or "L" chondrites with any coil. Minelab says there is no fault with the machine or the stock coil.

Ya but Richs, From Bobs description, and according to the Email most of us got from CT.. his coil should be counterfeit. It says so..... My Goldstalker had a Glossy strain relief.. I dont know man , now I`m kinda leaning toward my other theroy :wacko:

Hi Adam I understand what your saying I got the Email from Coiltec also, but Rob gets his new coils from Doc who gets them straight from

Coiltec (Trevor). I know you already knew this. Now if Bob bought a used coil from Rob thats another story. This is something that Bob should take up with Rob. One thing for sure is that the used coil market just got screwed.

Rich

I don't think the NF coils were in demand in sedan like the others were and I have'nt heard of any copies yet---have yourolleye0012[1].gif So Rich when is the coin club in your neck of the woods going to have another coin shoot so I can show you Tucson boys how its done againlaught16.gif ---Mike C...ph34r2.gif

So Rich when is the coin club in your neck of the woods going to have another coin shoot so I can show you Tucson boys how its done again
Not sure when or if. I am not a member of that club (Detectors Unlimted) I didn't see anything on their

website either. Yea you did pretty well last time you also did alright on one of JB's patches (Secret Patches of coarse) :shhhhh: if I remember right. I haven't heard anything about the NF coils being copied that why I was asking. Later

Rich