Nugget Shooter Forums

Returning Home

Arrived at L A. International from a 6 months hunt in W.Australia, had to change plains to continue on to Dallas. No luggage, While waiting for them to see if they could find it I spied this little old Asian Lady, 65 pounds or less with a cart with 7 bags, one of them being mine, heading for the door, I stopped her & tried to take my bag but she convinced me not to touch that bag. The person that was trying to locate my bag showed up & while she distracted that Asian Wild Cat, I grabbed my bag & ran ( lover not a fighter)

That happened to me in Atlanta back in '88 ... Is there more to the story? Cheers, Unc

There was a story in AZ recently where a house was discovered where the owners had stolen thousands of bags over the years from Phoenix Sky Harbor.

It was described that the people would actually have luggage sales at their house!

I've had my luggage lost before, the worst being that I was headed to Austrailia and my luggage went to Austria. Don't ask me how, because the airport codes are nothing alike.

There was a story in AZ recently where a house was discovered where the owners had stolen thousands of bags over the years from Phoenix Sky Harbor.

It was described that the people would actually have luggage sales at their house!

I've had my luggage lost before, the worst being that I was headed to Austrailia and my luggage went to Austria. Don't ask me how, because the airport codes are nothing alike.

While the code is different, maybe somebody new read the tag and though austria even though he read austrilia?

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2010/06/16/20100616phoenix-sky-harbor-luggage-theft-abrk.html

That happened to me in Atlanta back in '88 ... Is there more to the story? Cheers, Unc

Unc, There was a tag on my bag ,HEAVY, just under 65#, there was a 2100 & 2200 & quartz with lots of gold showing and camping gear. She had to have help for she was about 4 ft. old & frail looking, but a real Tiger.

With out her being distracted there is no way I would have touched that bag.

Chuck, did the airline have any thought about the fact she was a freakin' thief? Cheers, Unc