Nugget Shooter Forums

Newbie--where to start?

ydnar

Newbie here--lives in Tempe and loves to hike in the desert. I have a metal detector and want to start prospecting but don't know where to go. Any information on exactly where would be a good place to prospect would be most appreciated.

Here is a list of Prospecting Clubs in your area. I recommend that you join one to get some hands on training and also have access to any claims they may have.

Welcome to the forum!

Roadrunners Prospectors Club, Inc.

PO Box 56804

Phoenix, AZ 85079-6804 USA

Office: 1-602-274-2521 or fax: 1-602-274-4335

E-Mail: Ray@roadrunnergold.com

Arizona Association of Prospectors, Inc.,The (AAGP)

Phoenix Chapter

P.O. Box 35281

Phoenix, AZ 85069-5281 USA

Contact Person: Harold Allen (AAGP Director)

Phone: 1-623-934-6882

E-Mail : AzGoldPros@hotmail.com

G.P.A.P. of Phoenix, Inc.

E-Mail: President@GPAPClub.com

Ph: 1-623-328-9538

Contact webmaster: webmaster@gpapclub.com

Newbie here--lives in Tempe and loves to hike in the desert. I have a metal detector and want to start prospecting but don't know where to go. Any information on exactly where would be a good place to prospect would be most appreciated.

Welcome ydnar......HPS advise is a good start.

What type & brand name metal detector do you have ?

What are you prospecting for ? Gold, Silver, mederioites other minerals ?

wonderer

Welcome ydnar

If you are looking for prospecting supplies on your side of town there is Promac Tresure in Apache Junction, he has a lot of good prospecting books and tools. He has moved west of his previous address a block or two but the phone number should be the same. I will attach it to the post (no I do not have any affiliation with them they just treated my wife and I right) :thumbsupanim .

Very Respectfully

RANGERMG

Tim

940 W APACHE TRAIL

APACHE JUNCTION, AZ 85220

1-480-983-3484

Welcome ydnar

If you are looking for prospecting supplies on your side of town there is Promac Tresure in Apache Junction, he has a lot of good prospecting books and tools. He has moved west of his previous address a block or two but the phone number should be the same. I will attach it to the post (no I do not have any affiliation with them they just treated my wife and I right) :thumbsupanim .

Very Respectfully

RANGERMG

Tim

940 W APACHE TRAIL

APACHE JUNCTION, AZ 85220

1-480-983-3484

I am assuming the former owner -Elaine Schrader retired and sold it to someone else.

STeve

I am assuming the former owner -Elaine Schrader retired and sold it to someone else.

STeve

Promack has moved from the old store into the old NAPA store 1 mile West of their old location.

I would say that Elaine did retire. It is an older couple who are members of Superstition Mountains club who own it now. They and their son run the place.

There is also, "A & B Prospecting" at 3929 East Main St. Mesa,AZ in the "GODFREY SQUARE" shopping ctr on the south side of East Main St. Between Val Vista and Greenfield. I would like to extend a hearty WELCOME to this hobby of prospecting. I am a menber of the Roadrunner Prospecting Club and lived here year round . PM me and maybe we can get together some weekend and get out to some claims. I have a metal detector, assorted pans, high banker, spiral wheel, and gas vac. So I can show you what I know and we can learned together. The Roadrunner have outing every 3rd Saturday of the month. Joining a club is probably the best way to go for getting access to claims, meeting peoples, and learning the hobby. Almost everybody will share their experiences and their opinion quite readily. Club menberships fees run anywhere from twenty bucks to a couple hundred bucks. I work a second shift, Monday through Friday. I am available most Sat, and Sunday.

More Au to you, Robert

post-1291-127776938283_thumb.jpg